Thread: HW95 Range

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HW95 Range

Hi all,

Hoping to get back in to shooting having shot a little when I was younger (with my father) - will be joining a local shooting club.

From what I can see the Weichrauch HW95 seems to be a well recommended basic springer rifle, but I was wondering what the "usable" range would be? This is not for hunting, target shooting only, but just wondering what sort of distance it would remain accurate over.

Any info appreciated.

Cheers,

Phil

I would say with a well fettled HW95 you can still get good results at 50-55yards. But don't expect one hole groupings. Up to 35-40yards you can expect cloverleaf groups. Depends on how good you can shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Arschilecki View Post
    I would say with a well fettled HW95 you can still get good results at 50-55yards. But don't expect one hole groupings. Up to 35-40yards you can expect cloverleaf groups. Depends on how good you can shoot.
    I agree with this......gut you may want to consider the HW99. I had the 95 and yes its a fine rifle but I found I could shoot my 99 better....95,s do tend to suffer a little from muzzle flip.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Having owned many 95s over the years, I can only confirm that they are a superb rifle well capable of good accuracy if held, like all springers, correctly. If you allow the gun to move properly, and don't try and apply the grip of death to it, the 95 is capable of outstanding performance up to 45 yards and more if an experienced shot.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

I second what has been said above.
    I have two 95's - one in .177 and a .22. Both excellent rifles from the box, both improved smoothness wise from a spring re-lube which a club member carried out for me for £20. Now very slick. Lovely!

Both of mine are the current models with longer stock (HW95K310). I recommend them.

Cheers
    Mark
    Laminate stock HW100KT .177, HW100KT .22, HW95K luxus .22, BSA Meteor Mk3 .22, SMK Mod 12 .177, MAS 0.07 .177 BB CO2, Gamo P-23 CO2

It can give groups within an inch up to 60-65 yards.Very capable for target shooting. Takes some practise because it is a bit hold sensitive(well mine is)but as accurate as anything out there.
    Unfortunatelly I don't know how to upload pictures , have a card that I shot recently that would show what the HW95 is capable of.
    You can not go wrong with the 95.