Thread: Walther LP 200

Walther LP 200

What is a nice one of these with two cylinders worth please?
    Both adapters present.Shoots well.

Seller and I are £100 apart at the moment.
    Thanks.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Lp200

It's what its worth to both seller and buyer, but its an early PCP, the cylinders will almost certainly be out of date, so I guess 400 ish if in good condition.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    A quick "google" found these:

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Air-Pistols/Walther-LP200-gun-for-sale-gs55731.aspx

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=280039

C
    ould be useful info for haggling.........around £400 seems reasonable. I paid £450 for an LP300 earlier this year; hope this helps.
    ATB
    Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Thanks.
    Same info as I found.
    I see new cylinders are £169.

Dont think my offer of £360 was an insult!

I will ponder a bit more.

Some further info;

http://www.schiesssport-buinger.de/shooting/Alu-air-cylinder-300-bar-for-Walther-air-pistol

http://www.euroshooting.eu/en/index.php?detail=2780861

m
    ay be slightly cheaper than UK source, but not much...

I think £360 is a reasonable offer assuming all complete with manual, test group, tools, weights etc and reasonable condition of grip and blueing. Walthers can be a bit thin on blueing and show rust on the outside easily; need to oil the barrel. Or at least I do..

Mine was chronoed recently with a 3fps variation and power at 3.5 ft/lbs. All you need for 10 m.!

ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Pistol is mint.
    But not complete with manual etc.
    Cylinders look great too.
    But can't find date unless, as I suspect, it is the 99 in the other stuff engraved on?
    I don't fancy using aluminium that old.

My SAM K11 is 2001 vintage and still has one of the original aluminium cylinders which has been checked by a gunsmith and overhauled about 18 months ago; so far so good with fills to 210 bar!
    I also have a 2004 replacement for the other which leaked and could not be opened to be repaired.
    Aluminium cylinders, if they fail, tend to "flower" open I am led to believe.

Steel ones on the other hand create shrapnel and are subject to rust if filled with contaminated air during their lifetime. Again my Walther 300 bar steel cylinder has been opened and checked - I normally fill to 250 bar.

Do you trust the history of the pistol and do you have access to a gunsmith who can service cylinders?

It's another bargaining point.
    ATB
    Mike.

I would buy a new cylinder so I dont think I am inclined to increase my offer.
    Im sure he will weaken!
    Thanks.

Good luck - I hope you are successful.
    ATB
    Mike.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Cylinders

The cylinder issue has been done to death, they will not go bang, and are no risk, none have other than defective manufactured ones, or by idiots over pressuring, The whole issue came up because of some defective cylinders from Anschutz and then the jobsworths jumped on the band wagon. BUT the manufacturers now say ten years, and there is some equipment control concern at some meetings, and if there was an incident even by caused by negligence then the insurance would have a get out. If you're collecting or shooting low key Ok, but if you are competing its not worth the hassle of not getting a new one.
    The 200 is a good pistol, like the 300 it gets a bit of stick for the trigger, but like most Walthers its mostly a matter of getting them adjusted exactly, then they are superb, a tad out and they are c**p.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    PS I have a Dutch contact who's good at getting older stuff www.krale-schietsport.nl , might be worth an e to ask on a new cylinder, they are inclined to be quicker and cheaper than here.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thanks Robin.
    Still not done the deal yet!
    Contact useful tho.

I have now got this pistol on loan and it is excellent!

I cannot see which is the date on the cylinders.
    If it is the 09 I am a happy purchaser!

Info appreciated whilst I trawl the net!