Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to carry the pellets ?

Acerbus Guest

Question How to carry the pellets ?

Hello,

this is surly a beginner-question, but I didn't find a real satisfying answer. (and in fact after 8 month I can't be called "experienced" )

What is the best way to carry the pellets while your in action

Of course I've tried several different pouches, but did not find the right one.

That ones are made from hard leather are not comfortable if I'm laying one the ground and the pellets are not easy to fetch out.

That where made from soft leather are more comfortable but the pellets get sometimes damaged.

Another point is the way the pouches get secured. I did not find a good working one-hand-release (saving my pellets from being scattered over the ground )

Thanks for any help in advance.

Jochen

( today I stole my daughters dictionary, hoping it bewared me from precarious failures. If not blame its publisher )

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    While i am out on a shoot i usually count out a "charge" of pellets - which for my s310 is 70, and carry them in an old 35mm film case. make sure you carry the tub in a top pocket so it does not rattle when you walk

Mark

Mortimer Guest
    A square piece of foam, the sort camping mats are made of, 10cm x 5cm, with holes punched at intervals. You could attach it to a cord around your neck for carrying, easy to remove a pellet with one hand, gives a bit of protection to them too.

Thunderbolt A10 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer
    A square piece of foam, the sort camping mats are made of, 10cm x 5cm, with holes punched at intervals. You could attach it to a cord around your neck for carrying, easy to remove a pellet with one hand, gives a bit of protection to them too.
    Hi,

Or you can wrap a piece of this foam around your scope just infront of the turrets and pellets will be close for action. I have done this and it works.

I put about 20 or so in my right hand trouser pocket and carry a reserve supply in an old plastic, flip lid ink toner vessel, with padding on the inside to reduce the noise of rattling pellets.

Obviously ensure the trouser pocket is clean before hand and you should be fine, no need for any pellet pouches or anything, and thats for my single shot, its quick enough to be effective in that region.

I carry mine in a little sealy bag or a money bag,no chance of them rattling around, it keeps them clean and there easy to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt A10
    Hi,

Or you can wrap a piece of this foam around your scope just infront of the turrets and pellets will be close for action. I have done this and it works.
    Did this with my Hornet with 9 holes in it.I covered the foam (pipe lagging foam) with black insulation tape first then put the holes in.Perfect for single shot rifles.(got the idea from one of the mags funnily enough,some one had wrote in with it and got letter of the month IIRC)

I keep mine in my mouth. Old fishing trick adapted for shooting.

oldfriend Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Acerbus
    Hello,

this is surly a beginner-question, but I didn't find a real satisfying answer. (and in fact after 8 month I can't be called "experienced" )

What is the best way to carry the pellets while your in action

Of course I've tried several different pouches, but did not find the right one.

That ones are made from hard leather are not comfortable if I'm laying one the ground and the pellets are not easy to fetch out.

That where made from soft leather are more comfortable but the pellets get sometimes damaged.

Another point is the way the pouches get secured. I did not find a good working one-hand-release (saving my pellets from being scattered over the ground )

Thanks for any help in advance.

Jochen

( today I stole my daughters dictionary, hoping it bewared me from precarious failures. If not blame its publisher )
    Hi Acerbus,
    I use an empty plastic,fliptop,tic-tac box,with a small peice of thin card taped across the hole,just leaving room for a single pellet to drop through.It may not work for you,but it does for me.
    Hope this is helpful.
    All the best,
    Brian.

John Henry 1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel

And Paul goes through at least 500 pellets per night.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhrhodes
    And Paul goes through at least 500 pellets per night.
    Paul also twitches like a bugger

Chris
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Quote Originally Posted by Pavel

Has you Doc done a Lead count on your blood yet??

Kev
    You laugh at me because I'm strange I laugh at you because your stupid!
    A Turkey is for Christmas not for life.

John Henry 1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes
    Paul also twitches like a bugger

Chris
    I think that's his allergy to leather .

SniperEagle Guest
    I keep a large supply in my clean pocket, with one held by my lips for easy access if I need a quick follow up.

Acerbus Guest
    Hi,

first thanks for that tips and tricks.

That solution with the foam I saw a time ago, I thought the pellets would get dusty and that could eventuatly deflect the barrel.

My trouser pockets are usualy filled up, but a jeans has got a small second pocket at the right side. I will try it next time, maybe with plastik-inlet ( the end of an empty soap-tube )

Lead I wont put in my mouth, as long as my riffle works there is no need to spit the targets down.

Hmmm….. does anyone know the possible diameter of a 10 spit group at 45 meter.?

Jochen