Thread: Scorpion pistols & Their Scorpion derived rifles,

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Scorpion pistols & Their Scorpion derived rifles,

Hi as above, In the 1970,s Bsa brought out the Scorpion pistol,
    It was a powerhouse with a trigger which was great to shoot BUT , A real pain to repair ?
    ( As an aside ) I have just fitted a garage door spring & new wires, I would rather do 10, Scorpion triggers , Ha ha,

Bsa used any parts on any models for these, IE Mk,1 & 2 Were almost indiscernible with the mish mash of parts,
    I am really talking about the Scorpion, Shadow, Buccaneer Etc.

These all had the Bsa Diopter rear sight,
    The remainder had various rear sights, Mk 1 -2 Etc with V ,Diopter or square, These came with varying heights for the rear sight in the form of Risers,

They were made of plastic or Aluminium , 2-4mm with the extended screw to go through sight & Riser but not enter the cylinder ?
    I have had All metal, Plastic , Diopters Etc on these, ( However hard to discern if they were original )

The Buccaneer
    is capable ( Being a rifle ) of around 9 Fpe,
    The scorpion in .22 well capable of 6 Fpe ( & More )
    In my opinion, The .177 shot far better than the .22 , However with considerably more recoil, Probably better on the rifles,

Scorpion, buccaneer, Trooper Barrels Etc all fit each other, No other Bsa barrel will fit, ( Links can be different , )
    I remember a story about the Scorpion & Others of similiar ilk with the expanded foam filler " Blowing up " In the sun flooded window,s of gunshops, Ha ha,
    Bsa outsourced many of their " Scopes " They did make their own early on but were rubbish ,
    If you own one you will know,

Just a couple of sights for these in plastic & Aluminium , I stil have 4 or 5 of the above , The prices on these & a number of older guns have fallen off a cliff ?
    The likes of Airsporters, Mercury,s, Meteors, Diana,s Originals, Webley pistols & Rifles,
    Just a thought, Ged.

The prices of spares however have gone through the roof ! , Especially the sights, Only copies now available at £25-£30 each ? , They even look the same,

Last edited by gedfinn 2; 08-10-2013 at 07:35 PM.