Thread: Scorpion pistols & Their Scorpion derived rifles,

Scorpion pistols & Their Scorpion derived rifles,

Hi as above, In the 1970,s Bsa brought out the Scorpion pistol,
    It was a powerhouse with a trigger which was great to shoot BUT , A real pain to repair ?
    ( As an aside ) I have just fitted a garage door spring & new wires, I would rather do 10, Scorpion triggers , Ha ha,

Bsa used any parts on any models for these, IE Mk,1 & 2 Were almost indiscernible with the mish mash of parts,
    I am really talking about the Scorpion, Shadow, Buccaneer Etc.

These all had the Bsa Diopter rear sight,
    The remainder had various rear sights, Mk 1 -2 Etc with V ,Diopter or square, These came with varying heights for the rear sight in the form of Risers,

They were made of plastic or Aluminium , 2-4mm with the extended screw to go through sight & Riser but not enter the cylinder ?
    I have had All metal, Plastic , Diopters Etc on these, ( However hard to discern if they were original )

The Buccaneer
    is capable ( Being a rifle ) of around 9 Fpe,
    The scorpion in .22 well capable of 6 Fpe ( & More )
    In my opinion, The .177 shot far better than the .22 , However with considerably more recoil, Probably better on the rifles,

Scorpion, buccaneer, Trooper Barrels Etc all fit each other, No other Bsa barrel will fit, ( Links can be different , )
    I remember a story about the Scorpion & Others of similiar ilk with the expanded foam filler " Blowing up " In the sun flooded window,s of gunshops, Ha ha,
    Bsa outsourced many of their " Scopes " They did make their own early on but were rubbish ,
    If you own one you will know,

Just a couple of sights for these in plastic & Aluminium , I stil have 4 or 5 of the above , The prices on these & a number of older guns have fallen off a cliff ?
    The likes of Airsporters, Mercury,s, Meteors, Diana,s Originals, Webley pistols & Rifles,
    Just a thought, Ged.

The prices of spares however have gone through the roof ! , Especially the sights, Only copies now available at £25-£30 each ? , They even look the same,

Last edited by gedfinn 2; 08-10-2013 at 07:35 PM.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

i got my first buccaneer not long ago from the bbs for a reasonable price and together with a period rhino scope makes a super back garden plinker together with my .177 scorpion or "blacky" as shes affectionately known.had my worst experiences with airguns with a scorpion and g/paratrooper triggers ;i dont tend to give in easily so wasted a good deal of time getting the better of the scorpion but the paratrooper was very nearly angle ground to pieces with anger and frustration. as an inmate of the bbs will testify .incidentally guy how about that stinger on gunstar £45 and in from one of your fellow mancurians!! to boot.
    Last edited by red bob; 08-10-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,