Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daisy Red Ryder

bb guns

You could be forgiven for wanting a second childhood with any bb gun . Much as I like all types of airgns , there is something very easy and relaxing firing a Daisy or any bb . You can understand how the parents of kids growing up saw these at safe and fitting entertainment . I always tend to have one , until a friend asks to try it and wants it . The pump' slide' type Daisy are great fun , and I have had a pump action type [ make eludes my memory ] and recently I have played with my 'percussion lock ' Kentucky musket style Pioneer that has an underlever for a change .......how is it all these differing bb guns never miss a beat and always hit .
    Would anyone have an Instruction Manual for a Pioneer - I thought I had but .... !

I thought you had sold the Pioneer?
    If you were near it would have been mine!

Reliving my youth or as you say ...

Reliving my youth or as you say down south in Englishmanland ..' my yoof '.
    I could not afford or be spending big money on a 'real' Kentucky musket my friend , so back to the wall display it went . I may be swopping it soon for a nice trigger guard cocking (or ' lever action' type as they call the style ) . Do not quite like the push barrel cockers even the Quakenbush do not really appeal , the slidey action Daisy were very silky smooth to operate but , has there been any other fixed barrel underlever bb guns ? I know I should be read up by now but this hobby is vast - different guns to play with , and just when you get tired , you trip over some new thing you never knew existed !
    I just spent my day off on the Net using online translation in South America ...have you seen the airguns they get to play with

And in keeping with the subject matter on this thread [ I am of course stretching the boundaries ] :
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537...+%28Graphic%29

Red Ryders and the Texas Grasshopper Safari - I am sure this would have made a good comic cover back in 1935 !
    Last edited by hebhaggis; 17-10-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Your Pioneer instructions

Quote Originally Posted by hebhaggis View Post
    You could be forgiven for wanting a second childhood with any bb gun . Much as I like all types of airgns , there is something very easy and relaxing firing a Daisy or any bb . You can understand how the parents of kids growing up saw these at safe and fitting entertainment . I always tend to have one , until a friend asks to try it and wants it . The pump' slide' type Daisy are great fun , and I have had a pump action type [ make eludes my memory ] and recently I have played with my 'percussion lock ' Kentucky musket style Pioneer that has an underlever for a change .......how is it all these differing bb guns never miss a beat and always hit .
    Would anyone have an Instruction Manual for a Pioneer - I thought I had but .... !
    http://www.cinedux.com/kentucky-pioneer-bb-rifle.php

Red Ryder

Quote Originally Posted by hebhaggis View Post
    Reliving my youth or as you say down south in Englishmanland ..' my yoof '.
    I could not afford or be spending big money on a 'real' Kentucky musket my friend , so back to the wall display it went . I may be swopping it soon for a nice trigger guard cocking (or ' lever action' type as they call the style ) . Do not quite like the push barrel cockers even the Quakenbush do not really appeal , the slidey action Daisy were very silky smooth to operate but , has there been any other fixed barrel underlever bb guns ? I know I should be read up by now but this hobby is vast - different guns to play with , and just when you get tired , you trip over some new thing you never knew existed !
    I just spent my day off on the Net using online translation in South America ...have you seen the airguns they get to play with

And in keeping with the subject matter on this thread [ I am of course stretching the boundaries ] :
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537...+%28Graphic%29

Red Ryders and the Texas Grasshopper Safari - I am sure this would have made a good comic cover back in 1935 !
    First Red Ryder comic March 1939

As ever Trevor,all we need to know!

Fascinating read

Fascinating to read . Somewhere I have an old Airgun World from the late 70's with the review of this .

I have been after the elusive 1894 woodstock version that I grew up with. Can't find it anywhere. By the way who stocks the daisy in the uk

My local gunshop got mine and another within a week.
    So easily sourced.
    Solware had them last time I looked.