Thread: Baikal IZH-46m at highest level?

Baikal IZH-46m at highest level?

Putting the issue of fatigue of loading this pistol over the course of a match, in your experience, is this pistol a legitimate choice for someone wishing to compete at high level events such a national championships? Is it consistently accurate enough? Is it reliable enough?

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Very accurate and aren't a problem to load,one word of caution though there are 2 seals that are cone shaped around the loading port.I never had a problem when I had the pistol but they do have a tendency to escapeand are a bugger to get replacements.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Competitive

The pistol is certainly accurate enough as are many others of the older pistols both SSP, Co2, PCP, and even the spring FWB65. Match pistols were shooting one hole groups many decades ago, the true advancements are in ergonomics and ballance, and to the triggers, but a good shot with good technique can still shoot top national level scores with some thing such as an Izzy although they will probably still shoot a point or few better with a modern PCP.
    Nina Stolyarova shot 392 with a FWB 65 in 1972, have a look at the current Ladies world record, its a point or two better.
    If an Izzy is what you can afford and you are good enough you can certainly shoot close to the top nationaly but you'd be better off with a newer PCP.
    Good Shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?