Iv kept a pair of Rugers for a few years but when i got the itch for a .22 LBR i sold the 71/2" one to create a slot and
get the money to buy my new toy. I figured i didnt use the Ruger much as i use a Rodgers n Spencer for comp use
and my short Ruger for fun so let it go. When the new owner came to our range and we fired a few through it i wanted
to back out of the deal but said nothing as a deals a deal and off it went. Anyway, fast forward and I'm looking at the
guntrader site when what do i see but an advert for a Ruger Old Army in as new and unfired condition. Well i had to didn't i.
Payed over the phone and had it sent to my local RFD and hey ho i got another 71/2 stainless Ruger Old Army. Licence
only took three weeks and the big day arrived. On first inspection i was a bit disappointed as it seemed very dry and
gravely but obviously unfired. Once home i stripped it right down and found it was full of like a black sooty dust so gave
it a really good clean and lubed it up. Oh Yes. now like a Ruger should be. Firstly theres no play in the cylinder at all as
the hammer falls and no forward/backward movement at all. Triggers very good. Smooth as you like.
On the range and i dry fired a round of caps with no problems so loaded her up with 20grns TS2 B/P and a couple of 7cc
scoops of semolina with a round ball topped off with water pump grease. (going to try E45 on Sun.) 6 x Remington
number 11 caps and off we go. First 6 shots all sat nicely in a 6" group centre of the black with no sight adjustment.
Shot about 4 rounds of 6 with no issues and nearly all in the black. Think the Rodgers just got pushed off the comp gun
position and i think this ones definitely a keeper.!!! Tim