Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best co2 pistol?

best co2 pistol?

Another one of those "what is the best....." threads Im afraid.
    Going to pick up a co2 pistol tomorrow, cost not an issue within reason. Not looking for a target pistol but something "cool", reliable and accurate.
    So what do you guys suggest?

Edd

A Crosman 600 is the epitome of cool But if you are looking to buy "fresh", a Umarex Colt 1911 hits the spot.

I've often fancied one of these is the 'thinking man's' co2 pizzle: http://www.airgunbuyer.com/details.a...s&Product=3523

If you 'must' have a Umarex firearm-copy, the S&W revolver is totally the best for it's trigger and generally accurate target shooting (IMHO)...

However, I also secretly want the 1911

multi shot

Forgot to say that it must be semi auto so the 1911 looks favourite???
    Edd

Quote Originally Posted by eddoakley View Post
    Forgot to say that it must be semi auto so the 1911 looks favourite???
    Edd
    Not really a semi auto, although it looks like one. Works off a revolver magazine internally. A bit of a choice between the 1911 and CP88 if you are looking for a semi auto lookalike. I got a CP88 first, but have to say I prefer the 1911 now.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Umarex pellet co2 semi-auto pistols are actually all revolvers internally.
    The best of that type are the Walther CP 88 comp, Colt 1911 and Beretta 92 FS.
    The CP 88 has the longest barrel and potentially better accuracy as a result.
    If you want blowback semi-auto action then the Tanfoglio Gold Custom and Ltd Custom are very good, both in .177 BB and 6mm.
    I couldn't decide so I bought the lot, and some others.

The S&W 586 is the best Umarex gun though!

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

For some reason, the C225 (Sig copy) always seemed to be the very most parrful Umarex. I don't think they make them anymore though. I finally found a near minty example 2nd hand, but it was near my Nephew's birthday, so I gave it to him

Too flippin nice, I am

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Umarex pellet co2 semi-auto pistols are actually all revolvers internally.
    The best of that type are the Walther CP 88 comp, Colt 1911 and Beretta 92 FS.
    The CP 88 has the longest barrel and potentially better accuracy as a result.
    If you want blowback semi-auto action then the Tanfoglio Gold Custom and Ltd Custom are very good, both in .177 BB and 6mm.
    I couldn't decide so I bought the lot, and some others.

The S&W 586 is the best Umarex gun though!

Cheers

John
    ^^^ This

Buy them all, its the only way to be happy!
    Far too many guns to mention here. Lets just say more then the wife knows about but still less then I would like

Quote Originally Posted by shining_bullet View Post
    ^^^ This

Buy them all, its the only way to be happy!
    Sounds a great plan but unfortunately not an option. Only going to be buying one and really needs to be available off the shelf tomorrow.
    Beretta 92 seems another good option.
    Thanks for the replies so far.
    Edd

Quote Originally Posted by eddoakley View Post
    Sounds a great plan but unfortunately not an option. Only going to be buying one and really needs to be available off the shelf tomorrow.
    Beretta 92 seems another good option.
    Thanks for the replies so far.
    Edd
    Sorry mate, wasn't trying to be funny.

IMHO Any of the Umarex range of pistols are great, try and hold a few as grips can be big for some people. TBH as stated they are all very similar internally.

All can be tuned, modded etc etc (if you want) or just leave as is and have a reasonable accurate and fun gun.

ATB

Ian
    Far too many guns to mention here. Lets just say more then the wife knows about but still less then I would like

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

6" barrel
    Adjustable sights (can even get different width foresights)
    Great trigger in SA and DA
    Better mag, with 10 pellet capacity
    Easy to work on, if you ever want/have to
    Just says - BAMF

I've had CP88s, a 1911, Deagle, shot a CP99 and 92FS - The 586 is the daddy. End of
    Good deals with these members

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Had a 1911, sold it to buy the S&W - still got it....Says it all really IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I've often fancied one of these is the 'thinking man's' co2 pizzle: http://www.airgunbuyer.com/details.a...s&Product=3523

If you 'must' have a Umarex firearm-copy, the S&W revolver is totally the best for it's trigger and generally accurate target shooting (IMHO)...

However, I also secretly want the 1911
    I think I'm with the charlady on this one!
    I love that Benjamin for its solid build and retro looks. Should be punchy, too, by the sounds of it. I will get one of these, one day.

I've got a 2240 Ratbuster. Fantastic value for money. Plenty of power for a pistol, and accurate, too. And there is a huge community following for this gun, with a massive choice of customising and tuning goodies and information. However, if just buying and keeping standard, that Benjamin just oozes class and retro style. And it has that timeless, "keeper" feel.

Of the Umarex ones....I'm certainly no expert.....I was given a CP88 three years ago. Love the handling and "real gun" feel, but this one just WOULD NOT GROUP. Even rested, at FIVE YARDS....So traded in for a HW40; brilliantly accurate. I understand that many users get fantastic results with the CP88, so maybe this was a rogue one?? In any case, I'd fancied a HW40 for a long time, so being given the Walther for free made stepping up to the 40 a nice, cost-effective affair.

I love the looks of the 1911 clones and could see myself giving one a home one day.

Back in January, I bought a mint HW97K off a friend. He also showed me his S&W revolver. Beautiful! Heavy, chunky and well balanced. So, for a multishot to both look at and shoot, I think that'd have to be my choice. I'm sure he said he might let it go cheap one day, so you never know......

As stated above, as and when you can, just keep getting more! You can store so many pistols in such small storage spaces.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

CP 88 review

bought one

Thanks for the replies guys. found the beretta 92, some sort of " tactical" or "special ops" (or something like that) edition. has mounting system with red dot sight and 'mod for £230. Happy days all round.
    It was for someone else and he is over the moon with it!
    Cheers
    Edd