Thread: Steyr LP50 - grub screw??

Steyr LP50 - grub screw??

Does anyone know what screw 75 does ? - http://www.steyr-sportwaffen.at/medi...load_ET_EX.pdf

This came out of my pistol last night causing a loss of power and pellets lodging in the barrel.
    Luckily we found it and put it back. The pistol seems to be working OK again.
    It's quite a loose fit and I wondered what the screw is for - doesn't seem to do anything except plug the hole.
    Perhaps I should use some loctite243 to stop it happening again.

SJ

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Screw

Hi Steve
    It translates as "screw pin" so not a lot of help on that, its certainly not a regular adjustment and there is an air way under it which is why you lost power. If you screwed it too far down it could restrict that airway so it could be some form of fine air set up
    I've measured on mine and it's set at a depth of 3.5mm from the top to the top of the screw so I suggest setting it to the same. As there is an airway under it I'd be very carefull using loctite and be sure you get it only on the top threads of the grubscrew so you dont push any into the airway.
    If you want to know definitively ring Harry.
    Best of luck.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thanks Robin,
    I wondered if you'd answer the question.
    I've done as you suggest and set the screw at 3.5mm.
    This is about 1.75 turns from the bottom, so it may have something to do with the airflow, as you say.
    Rather than loctite, I'll find a plug to stop it from coming out again.
    Now that my pistol's the same as yours, does this mean I'll be able to shoot like you?
    Regards
    Steve

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by essjay View Post
    Now that my pistol's the same as yours, does this mean I'll be able to shoot like you?
    Regards
    Steve
    Do you mean stop shooting pistol and take up rifle?

Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?