Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it just me

Is it just me

Is it just me, l have just been on to gunstar and l don't like the new format, l found the old one much better to follow, what do other members think.
    regards,
    Mick.

Notice there is no option to refine the page to show only private sellers. And the short description of each ad no longer says 'private' or 'trade' on the index page, or who uploaded it - ie a gun shop.

So not only do you have to trawl through endless trade adverts uploaded in bulk to find privately-sold collectables (as you did before), but you can't tell a private ad from a trade one without going into the individual gun page.

Now, in whose interest is this set up I wonder? No prizes for correct answers.

Nice one, Dominic.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by micky View Post
    Is it just me, l have just been on to gunstar and l don't like the new format, l found the old one much better to follow, what do other members think.
    regards,
    Mick.
    Yes, I had thought I had entered some other selling website. It's bloody awful and in your face. The previous was a much better listing that made easier searching and viewing...obviously their web designer must have had a bad day with crap ideas of presentation!!!!!

Best regards to all...

I don't like it either the original format was far superior, I suspect I will be visiting less often!

Mail dissatisfaction to them

I just emailed them on their contact us link and told them what a load of crap....

Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    Yes, I had thought I had entered some other selling website. It's bloody awful and in your face. The previous was a much better listing that made easier searching and viewing...obviously their web designer must have had a bad day with crap ideas of presentation!!!!!

Best regards to all...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    I don't like it either the original format was far superior, I suspect I will be visiting less often!
    I fully agree chaps.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

I agree with everything that's been said, especially the not being able to separate "private" from "trade".

I can't really be bothered to scroll through all the latest adverts and very much doubt I will be looking at the site as frequently as I have in the past.

its crap

I agree. Not enough guns on each page and constantly clicking on to a new page is tedious.

John

is it just me

Hi, I agree agree with all the above comments, it was so easy to use before, now its a time consuming mess, puts me of using it, Ray.

I'm the Gunstar administrator for a local gunshop so am on it all the time, my verdict of its new format - $41t£.

As a monthly trade subscriber there was no advance warning either just logged on today and !

To make matters worse, I can't even search my own ads and find what I'm looking for, can't find my dealer profile, many ads have been corrupted in the transfer process; all-in-all that's pretty poor!

I also noticed they put their prices up to £2,95 per week instead of £2,95 for 90 days

Use http://www.airgunvillage.com - totally free to use! Its only 6 weeks old or so and i can be a little slow but it looks like a much better website thats much easier to use.

Not many folk like 'change'....we are creatures of habit.
    However, the new site design is dorg poo!

Quickly searching for Used rather than new ?

No, now its new, second hand, good condition, good condition for year or half a dozen other descriptions of not new.

OK, they've added a private or trade filter on the search today. So it just got a bit better IMO.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.