Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend me a good, cheap Red Dot, please.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamHenderson View Post
    ......hahahaa!, on your indoor 2 metre range?
    Hey up, Graham.
    Lovely to hear from you, matey, it's been some time!
    Hope you're okay.

I can well remember your lovely little Crosman (Medallist?) with the electronic trigger. Very nice!!

And I can muster up about 16 yards outdoors and about 10 yards indoors, you cheeky little mite!!

Wot you shooting now?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

... :)

Hey Tony! i couldn`t resist mate lol, yeh i`m good thanks, keep plodding on ...
    well, i happened to get a deal off the `for sale` on here a few weeks ago,
    a slightly used Weihrauch HW100 Thumbhole, lovely bit of kit but it weighed a flippin ton!!
    yeh, i soon sorted that problem by getting a Titanium `Carbine` cylinder,....> Weihrauch HW100 Ti Cylinders for sale
    Yes the carbine cylinder fits beautiful, just needed a shim (piece of cycle innertube) in the cylinder band!
    oooh la la! she handles lovely now! (still utter junk compared to the GC2 though)
    and i`ve still got ye olde Crosman 1377 surprisingly the electronic trigger still works a treat, proper 2 stage with a featherweight final `touch`
    sadly, it succumbed to some condensation and has an `oxidized` finish shall we say!
    still hardly have time to shoot on account of having to go to work!
    well best of luck in your quest for accuracy, i tried everything
    always ended up back on the backsight i fitted off the HW77!
    ATB

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamHenderson View Post
    Hey Tony! i couldn`t resist mate lol, yeh i`m good thanks, keep plodding on ...
    well, i happened to get a deal off the `for sale` on here a few weeks ago,
    a slightly used Weihrauch HW100 Thumbhole, lovely bit of kit but it weighed a flippin ton!!
    yeh, i soon sorted that problem by getting a Titanium `Carbine` cylinder,....> Weihrauch HW100 Ti Cylinders for sale
    Yes the carbine cylinder fits beautiful, just needed a shim (piece of cycle innertube) in the cylinder band!
    oooh la la! she handles lovely now! (still utter junk compared to the GC2 though)
    and i`ve still got ye olde Crosman 1377 surprisingly the electronic trigger still works a treat, proper 2 stage with a featherweight final `touch`
    sadly, it succumbed to some condensation and has an `oxidized` finish shall we say!
    still hardly have time to shoot on account of having to go to work!
    well best of luck in your quest for accuracy, i tried everything
    always ended up back on the backsight i fitted off the HW77!
    ATB
    Hi Graham,
    Great to hear back from you.
    Sorry no reply sooner, as I'm in the same boat as you....work, work and more work, and so little time to play with the toys, and less and less time to get on here!!
    Managed a 1 hour plinking session last Wednesday with the Ratbuster......Prior to that was four weeks before, when I shot a smurf!......No need to worry, it was one of those freebie McDonald's giveaways with Happy meals....my daughter didn't like this particular specimen and said I could shoot it, so my low powered, old knackerbag of a garden gun '35 blew the back of its head away!.....
    Before that, it was another 3 or 4 weeks!
    Glad you're still loving the GC2 and your new HW100..... Old dinosaur me is still sticking with the boingers.

You'll have to find the time and rejuvenate that little Crosman, I seem to remember it was fun and accurate.

As and when I can fight my way to the gun bits cupboard in the garage (path blocked by the wife's and the kids' garbage), I'll have a rummage, as I might just have a 77 rear sight and mounting block hiding in there. I've often guessed that it may offer the best solution. I think the Ratty suits its original design brief better, with it being such a stumpy little thing.....My phase 3 1377, however, will most likely remain a scoped carbine, as it's so clinically accurate.

If you fancy it, and we can both make it, time-wise, it'd be GREAT to meet up again, maybe Gainsborough, or some other club, and catch up?

All the best and great to hear from you, matey.

Tone.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I have a Sutter red dot on my CP99 and I'm using another one for the zombie shoot on my Lightning. After buying a couple of ones that weren't all that good, the Sutters are brilliant, and they're reasonably cheap, even coming from Germany. Easy to set up, and adjust.
    It's not the destination; but the journey that counts!
    You can take the lad out of Essex; but not Essex out of the lad!

I have a hawke red dot scope cost me about £18 use it on my ratty and it's great fun, no magnification and about 3 different light settings for the red dot

Cheers for that, Bonnox.
    My most recent experience of a red dot was with a Hawke Sport version (approx £30). Although I quite liked it, and I really like the idea of quick target acquisition with a "dot", I didn't much like the fact that the adjustment turrets were exposed and, therefore, easily adjusted unintentionally. The other thing I wasn't ever so hot on was that I thought the adjustment a little coarse. I think I've seen references indicating that 1 click equates to an inch at 50 yards = 2.5mm at 10 yards. Fine for just out and out plinking.....erm, er, maybe that'd be okay.......Still doing my own head in about this one and whether to go for a dot or decent opens.....

There are a load of identical looking Chinese made multi reticle red dots sights out there. They are all clones of the Hakko Panorama mk3.

I've used a Zos branded clone which was very impressive indeed for the price. Most of them seem to be weaver rail fitting but there are a few 11mm ones around.

pistol red dot sights

Hi guys just reading your conversation on red dots iv'e got a falcon fn8 pistol that i have just put a cheap hawke red dot sight on its a 1x30 it cost £19 off and as for accuracy its pellet on pellet but the problem is you can't see where your hitting the target untill you go down range so i'm looking for a cheapish pistol sight maybe a asg or smk long eye relief 2x20 because i'm thinking of trying out benchrest with it.

Chaps,

Cheers for all your input.

Decided to go for the Walther Competition Red Dot. £27.95 from Blades and Bows. Would have ordered it from JSR, but they were out of stock and only do online ordering these days. Being a dinosaur, I prefer to talk to a person, if possible. I particularly like the fact that elevation and windage adjustments are made by Allen key, so once set, no danger of inadvertently altering zero.

So, the shoulder stock's coming off and the Dot sight on. The 4x32 scope that's on it will end up on the little Diana 24 that I acquired recently as a short range plinker......Ideally, I'd wanted to keep that on opens but, as it's a junior rifle, the comb's actually TOO HIGH for adult use with the opens....Weird, I know, most would complain of a rifle's comb being too low for scope use.

Can't wait for the Dot to arrive and turning this back into a pistol. Next potential upgrade might be the lighter trigger spring and maybe some nicer grips one day...oh, and maybe some of those nice Allen screw replacement kits.

Tin cans get ready!!!!

I've been off yesterday and today and was really hoping that it would have arrived.

Not so!

Bugger, I'm now at work for the next six days, thus limiting playtime when it arrives!

Come on, postie!!