Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lack of new replica Pellet air pistols?

boff180 Guest
    That ASG pistol does look very interesting, I wonder if the slide will be metal.

Personally I would have thought the P38 would lend itself very well to the revolver action.

Andy

I was hoping for something more radical from Umarex. Instead of the endless line of 2ftlb autos what about a Ruger with 6 inch barrel, or maybe a single shot break open barrel with good sealing for more power.....just a thought.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    I was hoping for something more radical from Umarex. Instead of the endless line of 2ftlb autos what about a Ruger with 6 inch barrel, or maybe a single shot break open barrel with good sealing for more power.....just a thought.
    A proper semi-auto would be nice.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by boff180 View Post
    That ASG pistol does look very interesting, I wonder if the slide will be metal.

Personally I would have thought the P38 would lend itself very well to the revolver action.

Andy
    sorry posted in wrong post

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post

There is the S&W 78/79G, which is a replica of the S&W 41. Single shot, but can be made quite powerful with a bit of mod to the valve.
    The Crosman MkI is modeled on a Ruger pistol.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I think the market is responding to the majority & there are a lot of people out there who want realistic replicas that not only include the overall look but also blowback too.
    BB pistols lend themselves to this very design very easily and when copying real steel guns the reason they look like they do is that form follows function - whereas want you want is something that has to handle a soft and easily deformed lead pellet within the constraints of an existing cartridge design - something that's not easy to do without resorting to an internal revolver mechanism which negates the blowback function.
    not necessarily- umarex do the desert eagle & beretta storm pistols, & gamo do the P25 & P85- all of which are internal revolver pellet guns with blowback functions.

Quote Originally Posted by wilkinss77 View Post
    not necessarily- umarex do the desert eagle & beretta storm pistols, & gamo do the P25 & P85- all of which are internal revolver pellet guns with blowback functions.
    Does the blowback action actually revolve the 'cylinder' in these pistols, or is that still done by the trigger action ?

I think on the Gamos that the magazine is still revolved by the trigger.
    TBH I don't even bother reading about the latest Umarex CO2 pistol releases, they mostly just a re-hashed bb shooting heavy triggered job with fixed sights. Unless you're competing in IPAS or similar they're pretty useless.
    I like my 3576W, it's cheap, reliable and accurate, it has single and double action and does about 3 ftlbs on a new CO2 bulb.
    I've seen several of the S&W revolvers die with a worn magazine indexing pawl - my Crosman soldiers on regardless.