Thread: Crosman 600.

Vito is offline Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Crosman 600.

I have been offered one of these that looks in very good condition with the original box.

Could the resident experts point me to any faults I should look for and are parts still available should it require any.

Any other advice gratefully received.

Many thanks.
    If you can stay calm,while all around you is chaos.....
    then you probably haven't completely understood the situation. www.marplerifleandpistolclub.org.uk

Basically all you can do is check function.Put in a CO2 capsule, load with Crosman Veminpells, and shoot it. One of the general faults is that the loading shuttle that flips back and forth can have too much play due to a couple of reasons.One is that the cam ring that operates it has a square hole that gets rounded off through use.The other is that it is not clamped properly with grub screws on the square operating rod.All the faults are easy to put right and spares if required are available from a number of sources. A must have pistol for all air pistol enthusiasts.

Baz

Any problems with these 1960's pistols can usually be sorted by Lawrie Amatruda.
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 13-10-2013 at 03:32 PM. Reason: spilling mistook

Glad I do not have to pay anybody to fix my collection.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Glad I do not have to pay anybody to fix my collection.

Baz
    It's more fun if you can do it yourself

Ian

Its much more fun to give them to Baz to fix

The truth is that some people shouldn't be allowed to 'open a door', let alone a complex pistol. I have seen plenty of these that the 'owners' have messed with and then sent them to Lawrie to sort. without people like Lawrie a good number of these fine pistols would be confined to the scrap heap.
    Long may he continue in keeping these great collectibles running.

Lawrie is a friend of mine and I have bought quite a few items from him, including Schimels which I also have spares for and repair.We often discuss the querky pistols we repair.Will be seeing him at Bisley this week.I have just completely stripped down and fixed some expensive pistols like the Walther LP200, Original Model 10 and FWB 65.I make my own polyurethane seals as I have worked with this material for 18 years.I am 67 years of age and in my life have repaired everything from a Casio watch to the Victor bomber I worked on at Radlett as an aircraft detail fitter.Now tell me your story Mark.

Baz

Vito is offline Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    Many thanks for your replies.

I learnt many years ago not to try and ' fix ' things you know nothing about , I still have the pocket watch in a thousand pieces to prove it.

How can I get in touch with Lawrie , just in case ?
    If you can stay calm,while all around you is chaos.....
    then you probably haven't completely understood the situation. www.marplerifleandpistolclub.org.uk

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Its much more fun to give them to Baz to fix
    And he did just that with mine over the range weekend before last!

Hello chaps!

Quote Originally Posted by Vito View Post
    Many thanks for your replies.

I learnt many years ago not to try and ' fix ' things you know nothing about , I still have the pocket watch in a thousand pieces to prove it.

How can I get in touch with Lawrie , just in case ?
    Lawrie Amatruda 01737 354594