Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airgun world magazine value?

Airgun world magazine value?

hi guys,

I have got the first 11 years complete,in fantastic order,any idea of value???

thanks for your help

Glenn

Magazine value.

Hi Glenn,

This doesn't really answer your question, but it may give some idea of values.

Over the last few years I have sold quite a few airgun magazines on e£by, a mixture of Airgun World, Airgunner and Sporting Air Rifle. Most copies sold for between 99p and £3, although one copy of Airgunner sold for £10.50 I've no idea what was so special about

The magazines dated from 1977, and with some gaps, up to 1990's.

I didn't have any complete volumes to sell, and the condition of the magazines varied from 'very good' to 'well used'!

ATB
    Paul.
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

rabbit man

thanks for takeing the time to reply.

regards

Glenn

I have seen copies of the first edition of A.G.W., like the one in this photo: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=16 sell for £25!

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Cant give Classic Car mags away!
    Should have put money into airgun mags.

AGW

I've got the first five years of AGW in VGC bound in the correct binders. Plus four of the AGW special editions as well so I am interested to know on value as well.

This is what I think, but I don't trade them: first four years of AGW then something like £20-25 per year if in good order. Another tenner if in the AGW folder. Individual ones £2 except the first ever few months where £15 isn't unheard of. Good to get are the Annuals, though some are better than others. Pay a fiver or even £10-15 if forced to for the one you want!.

Now those are good prices but anyone who wants to be patient can find them for a lot less. I bought some £50 worth at one point and then was offered 15 years worth, from day one and annuals, for £25 for the lot and they were happy to get rid of them!

They definitely are collectable and there are plenty about as they seem to have been kept. There will be less and less older ones soon which does mean they might appreciate in value. Lots of magazines don't make anything, and never will, as there is no collector following. Airgun mags are an exception. However, storage is still the big issue so there is no reason to go mad. The other issue is that they really don't have much in them article wise. You could probably put ten years worth in an annual with room to spare!

If its your hobby then they are fun to have and dip into.

I had about 30 years worth of airgun mags in my shed and, when we moved home earlier this year, I made a present of them to a friend of mine to flog on the web. Scarcely any interest in them and I think he ended up dumping them. Mind you, I kept all my SAR mags and the issue of AGW with the ammo on the cover!
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

The real problem is postage costs which really blows selling them any distance. Early ones have value as do Annuals but the rest?????????

Muskett

Thanks for your views and values.

cheers

Glenn.

Thumbs up

I sold some that I had duplicated on fleabay, best price realised was £22, I got a message from a chap that if I had three particular ones in my collection, he would pay £80 for them

I used to have both Airgunner and Airgun world both from issue #1 but most of the early ones have 'vanished' I'm fairly certain that when I read them and left them out, the wife binned them

Oh well, can't do anything about it now

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    I had about 30 years worth of airgun mags in my shed and, when we moved home earlier this year, I made a present of them to a friend of mine to flog on the web. Scarcely any interest in them and I think he ended up dumping them. Mind you, I kept all my SAR mags and the issue of AGW with the ammo on the cover!
    Ah, the Prometheus issue! When someone at AGW thought it a good idea to attach a free sample of these pellets to the front cover. Of course they soon realised their mistake as then the magazine was only available to be sold to over 17 (?) year olds. (Plus maybe other legal issues W.H.Smiths selling airgun ammo!!! )
    The mag was removed from sale and a new one published so, that month (I cant remember exactly and Ive no access to mine at the moment) had two versions published. Quite collectable now.

ATB
    Ian

I know you have at least three first AGW copies Ian. I reckon you will also have another four or five of the "prometheus" edition knocking about as well. Can I have at least one copy of each please?

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

I ended up with two copies of the ammo on the cover edition - not sure how. I must have had an eye to a shrewd investment even then.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    I know you have at least three first AGW copies Ian. I reckon you will also have another four or five of the "prometheus" edition knocking about as well. Can I have at least one copy of each please?

Andy
    It rhymes with 'snow'.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    I ended up with two copies of the ammo on the cover edition - not sure how. I must have had an eye to a shrewd investment even then.
    I know a local airgun collector and writer of several books on the subject, who immediately went to his local W. H. Smiths and persuaded the manager to sell him every copy that he would have otherwise returned. Now THATS forward thinking.