Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharp (ace?) info and ballpark valuation please

edbear2 Guest

Sharp (ace?) info and ballpark valuation please

I took temporary ownership of a Sharp last night, It has been in storage and the trigger group / butt was loose, so I am just giving it a check over. It still holds air, but I was surprised to see it was all steel. The only other one I have had dealings with in the past was a request to fix another similar looking gun, this was plastic and ribbed, and the pump pivot / sight was plastic and had disintegrated.

Anyway, this looks in super, little used condition, and much better made than the other thing I saw, will get some pics / info up tonight hopefully, but could any experts on this type please help out with a date and ballpark value please.

The gun is not for sale as it stands, as the person who gave it to me to look at does not own it himself, but has been storing it for someone else, they were just interested to know if it had any value, and I could not help as this is not my normal sort of thing, but do know that some types are collectable or have a following.

ATB, Ed

It sounds like the first Sharps rifle, the plastic ribbed one was a Innova. While the better built Ace was all steel the Innova still had/has its virtues.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=4&o=4 The middle one is the Ace. The bottom one is an Innova fitted with a Williams sports peep sight.

Ive heard it on good authority that there will be an article on Sharps rifles in a forth coming issue of Airgunner magazine.

As for value. A good condition, fully working Ace IMO £225 in .22 slightly more in .177

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

As for value. A good condition, fully working Ace IMO £225 in .22 slightly more in .177

HTH
    Ian
    I think that's a bit mean Ian

I sold a clean one for 290 last year and my remaining very nice one wouldn't be dragged off me for less than 325-350

They are pretty rare in good nick.

I've sold tidy Innovas for 200 quid... and that's still good value

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

I probably am a little low on the valuation side come to think of it. Its a while since I saw an Ace for sale and the last Innova I bought, in good nick (and .177) I got for £125.

What price would you put on a Sharp Pan Target?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

edbear2 Guest
    Right, some pics below, sorry about the quality, but am working under the glare of a load of ceiling GU10 spots. The action metalwork / bluing is as good as it looks, 9/10 and looking all over it looks to be a bag queen, with bumps and light marks on the wood from being moved around, but not hard knocks or rested damage.

Trigger is plastic, but the butt plate and pistol grip cap, although the same, show little use;

LHS

Action lettering

RHS

Pumpy handly whatsit

Grip capping

Butt plate

Trigger unit

Thank you for the replies so far!

ATB, Ed

Sharp ace

Very clean gun, got to be worth £300 to the right collector, however I struggled to get £130 for the last innova I sold for a freind & it was a very good .177 one. I personally hate the balance of the ace with a scope on it just feels too top heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Very clean gun, got to be worth £300 to the right collector, however I struggled to get £130 for the last innova I sold for a freind & it was a very good .177 one. I personally hate the balance of the ace with a scope on it just feels too top heavy.
    £300 ! Front sight, rear sight , Good nick ( Doesn,t even matter if it leaks )
    I have a poor blued Ace, Dink in stock, Rear sight Perfect mechanically , I sold this same gun " Mint " About 6-8 years ago, For £270 + a Scorpion pistol ,

I received it back a little worn , But after fettling 100% mechanically,
    I would value it at £200 , ( Maybe + )
    You
    buy a shooting Ace for £200, If you have one ! buy it, Ged.

Its one of these -

£350 all day for that Eddie

original rear and front sights, clean wood and bluing.

A real rarity

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Thumbs up

I bought my .177 Ace from Guns International to shoot targets! Only paid £135 brand new!!

Mine's pretty much the same colour as the Ed has at the moment (a deep burgundy colour!)..

Ace

I removed the rearsight (aperture) and fitted it to a Sharps Innova (was told you can't do this but I did!!) and forgot to remove it when I sold the gun

BTW, The Ace is my 'Official' wasp killing gun!! I hate the li'l black an' yeller things and at arms length and fully pumped, it spreads them everywhere!! just need to vacuum up the bits

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I sold one 2 years ago for £380 to a collector and he travelled 200 miles to get to me ,they are becoming very hard to find in really good condition with no air leaks.

£ 450
    Used Sharps Ace ACE 0.22 Air rifles For Sale in Denbigshire
    Wales, Denbigshire
    ad ref. GS3417804 - 66 views

On that site now.

Quote Originally Posted by anightrains View Post
    £ 450
    Used Sharps Ace ACE 0.22
    And the seller is living in cloud cuckoo land. Only a mug with bulging pockets would pay that sort of money.

Over the past few months i have been in contact with several fellow Sharp enthusiasts and collectors from various locations in the UK (and some from overseas)
    we have been discussing the merits and values of certain Sharp models including the Ace/Innova/Pan Target/ and even the GR-75.

Assuming this rifle is as good as it sounds and looks, and i have no reason to doubt the OP, then this rifle has an absolute minimum value (as Ged rightly states) of £300. And it would be a gift at that price.

Some Sharp collectors would only want to pay in the region of £275, that would be to replace a more worn example, twist their arm and you might get £300.
    Other collectors would ask the question 'When will the next one in this condition surface?' These are the collectors who would certainly pay the region of £350 that Matty has put on the rifle.

If i was considering selling this Ace then i would not part company for any less than £300, £299 would not buy it! In fact i would pitch it in with an initial price of £375......'Too much' some might say, my response is 'why not?' i know that if the right collector sees it at the right time then it could achieve this price, give it a week and if it doesn't sell reduce the price to £350, i'm confident it will go at around that mark.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

£500

All day long.....

Now, where did I put my one with the original paperwork/leaflets

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I probably am a little low on the valuation side come to think of it. Its a while since I saw an Ace for sale and the last Innova I bought, in good nick (and .177) I got for £125.

What price would you put on a Sharp Pan Target?

ATB
    Ian
    Sure you offered me 30 quid for mine.

Red face

I think prices are at best 'Optimistic' on goonstar

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/