Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharp (ace?) info and ballpark valuation please

Value

The guns only worth what some one is willing to pay, I d start at the higher end guesses and work down till sold , most people don't have big bucks to spend these days

edbear2 Guest
    Just a quick update on this, I have sent the custodian an email link to this thread, and has replied saying he will in turn contact the owner if possible to see what he wants to do regarding selling / keeping it. My feeling is that (to me as well) even the lowest value put forward may have come as a bit of a surprise, as seeing as it is not ever used, a sale may be on the cards.

Of course I am just surmising, but obviously will, if this turns out to be the case, take loads more photos in better light showing all the stock marks as clearly as possible, and obviously start a separate new thread in sales.

Back to the gun...My initial reaction many years ago on being passed a cocked and loaded Streak to try was "WOW"...lightweight, hard hitting and seemingly a super handy little gun for in the woods, this changed as I saw what was involved in getting it ready again (I had a Mercury at this time).

After all these years (35+ later), I don't know if I have changed my mind. It is super smooth to shoot, and I think if they changed the design so that say 3 pumps would give full power, I might be tempted, but still think that if I was hunting these days, the slow second shot ability would put me off as much as it did all those years ago.

Just a few mins ago I was testing it on the chrono, and these are the results (I never went over 6 pumps, for some reason this number rang a bell...do they have a blow off valve or whatever)

Tested with .22 hobby pellets (11.9gr) as it says 5.5 on the gun;

1 pump...290.48 fps @ 2.2 lbs
    2 pumps.........453.00 fps @ 5.4 lbs
    3 pumps ........534.75 fps @ 7.5 lbs
    4 pumps.........596.12 fps @ 9.3 lbs
    5 pumps.........635.93 fps @ 10.6 lbs
    6 pumps.........671.14 fps @ 11.9 lbs

After 4 pumps it gets a little harder, but still more manageable than I remember, the trigger seemed very light on the lower numbers, but slightly heavier as I got to 5/6 pumps...Or was I just imagining that?

Anyway, the 2 pump setting is an ideal garden plinking setting, so can see the attraction of this

Will keep in touch as I get information,

ATB, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Just a quick update on this, I have sent the custodian an email link to this thread, and has replied saying he will in turn contact the owner if possible to see what he wants to do regarding selling / keeping it. My feeling is that (to me as well) even the lowest value put forward may have come as a bit of a surprise, as seeing as it is not ever used, a sale may be on the cards.

Of course I am just surmising, but obviously will, if this turns out to be the case, take loads more photos in better light showing all the stock marks as clearly as possible, and obviously start a separate new thread in sales.

Back to the gun...My initial reaction many years ago on being passed a cocked and loaded Streak to try was "WOW"...lightweight, hard hitting and seemingly a super handy little gun for in the woods, this changed as I saw what was involved in getting it ready again (I had a Mercury at this time).

After all these years (35+ later), I don't know if I have changed my mind. It is super smooth to shoot, and I think if they changed the design so that say 3 pumps would give full power, I might be tempted, but still think that if I was hunting these days, the slow second shot ability would put me off as much as it did all those years ago.

Just a few mins ago I was testing it on the chrono, and these are the results (I never went over 6 pumps, for some reason this number rang a bell...do they have a blow off valve or whatever)

Tested with .22 hobby pellets (11.9gr) as it says 5.5 on the gun;

1 pump...290.48 fps @ 2.2 lbs
    2 pumps.........453.00 fps @ 5.4 lbs
    3 pumps ........534.75 fps @ 7.5 lbs
    4 pumps.........596.12 fps @ 9.3 lbs
    5 pumps.........635.93 fps @ 10.6 lbs
    6 pumps.........671.14 fps @ 11.9 lbs

After 4 pumps it gets a little harder, but still more manageable than I remember, the trigger seemed very light on the lower numbers, but slightly heavier as I got to 5/6 pumps...Or was I just imagining that?

Anyway, the 2 pump setting is an ideal garden plinking setting, so can see the attraction of this

Will keep in touch as I get information,

ATB, Ed

Nothing wrong with the power output Ed, and your not imagining things, the trigger does get heavier with more pumps.
    And the blow off valve is doing it's job.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Sharp ace

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    Nothing wrong with the power output Ed, and your not imagining things, the trigger does get heavier with more pumps.
    And the blow off valve is doing it's job.
    Thats an extremely fit ace there by those results, but you'll only find out if the blow off valve is working correctly by trying to put 7 or more pumps in. The well worn & butchered example I had would struggle to get to 10.5 on 6 pumps after fettling.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Thats an extremely fit ace there by those results, but you'll only find out if the blow off valve is working correctly by trying to put 7 or more pumps in. The well worn & butchered example I had would struggle to get to 10.5 on 6 pumps after fettling.
    Correct, I'm reading this thread off my phone at the moment. Best to try some more pumps, easily adjusted if it's over.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."