Had a session on sat at the range. Using a PL7 target and free standing at a range of 50m.

First the 577611 Lyman bullets i made (same mold as Steves.) with wonderlube smeared around the circumference
filling the grooves but not in the base with 80grns of Kranks med. Fired 10 shots of which only 5 hit the target and
one of which was a tumbler. One clipped the top right hand corner of the frame while one went in the bull and two
went low so no accuracy at all in my gun. (at the moment)

Cleaned the bore and tried 10 (all i had) of my old 575213 bullets again with wonderlube and 80grns of Kranks
med. 8 shots in the black but god knows where the other 2 went, NO tumblers.

Cleaned the bore again and tried 562" round ball with a .012" patch soaked in melted wonderlube. (my old 2 band
loved these) After 5 shots with no holes in the target i got one of the guys there to spot for me while i shot leaning
on the bench. Shooting very low so brought the sites up a bit and managed to get a few on the target but with no
consistency at all. Tried loads between 50 and 80 grns but this rifle as of yet don't like balls!!!

Have ordered bees wax and tallow off the internet and made a fresh batch of 575213 bullets plus Andy has sent me
a few of his LEE ones to try so next sat i will have another bash at getting it right.
Mate Ady,s bringing the 2 band down as well so can compare results.

Finally many Thanks to all for your advice and input on this thread, especially Steve and Andy who sent me some of
their bullets to try. Its good to know that there are others who like myself are fans of these old guns even if you do
sometimes get mucky and go home stinking of eggs/cow muck. Far more interesting than just buying ammo and shooting
it without any real input into making it work.
Best Wishes and a Happy New Year to all. Tim