Thread: .577 Parker Hale Musketoon.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tallow has arrived today so ready to have a go at mixing a bees wax / tallow lube. Would 1 part wax by volume to
    3 parts tallow be about right.? Am assuming its just a case of melting them in an old saucepan, give it a good mix
    around and dipping my bullets in with a pair of long nose pliers to fill the grooves.?? Tim

Just got back from the range and we seem to be getting there. 75 grains of FO/A black powder loaded with a drop
    tube with a 575213 minnie dipped in a pot of melted bees wax/tallow lube mix using a pair of long nose pliers to grip
    the skirt so as not to get any in the cavity. Using a PL12 target taped to a reversed PL7 to give a smaller black area
    with a large paler back area at 50m free standing it put 8 shots in the black out of 10, the two outside the black by
    about 4" were pulled by me, knew id done it even before i looked through the spotting scope. Well chuffed.
    Many Thanks again to all who offered their advice and especially the guys who sent me some of their bullets to try, just
    need to do it again now to prove it wasn't a fluke.!! Tim

Go Tim!

That's a lot of powder, but if it works.....

Yep, now need to start reducing the load but to be honest recoil isn't a problem and if this continues to be
    a load that works i will probably stick with it.