Thread: Paratrooper magazine

Paratrooper magazine

Well, you lads got me out of a spot last time so I'll try with another plea!!
    Has anyone got a magazine for the ASI El Gamo Paratrooper?
    I've tried all the usual sources and only John Knibbs came up with a magazine but it is for the later 10 shot rifle (the Shadowmatic??) and mine is an early Mk 1 Paratrooper variant.
    Any help would be very welcome with this.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob W View Post
    Well, you lads got me out of a spot last time so I'll try with another plea!!
    Has anyone got a magazine for the ASI El Gamo Paratrooper?
    I've tried all the usual sources and only John Knibbs came up with a magazine but it is for the later 10 shot rifle (the Shadowmatic??) and mine is an early Mk 1 Paratrooper variant.
    Any help would be very welcome with this.
    Rob
    I got one from knibbs a couple of months ago for £23 quid! which I thought was a bit steep. Then somebody sent me one for free and I gave him a few pounds to cover postage. Unfortunately I need both mags as I have two asi paratrooper repeaters which when I bought came without the mags. Some one actually made a few of these magazines in the past but I cant remember who is was. I will try and find out.

Troy
    Last edited by sniper24687066; 12-10-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Hi Rob message gedfinn 2 and see if he's willing to make some.I have cut and past previous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post

I have made a few of these, & The Magazines for the Crosman 400 , ( Similiar )
    A " One off " for either is not viable,
    http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps0056beb4.jpg

Crosman 400 magazine before Blueing & Spring & Cocking lever added
    http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps49a98ff0.jpg

Cheers, Ged.
    That's quite impressive Ged I wish I had paid more attention in metal work at school instead of making "kung Fu stars" when the teacher wasn't looking.
    According to chambers the ASI tube magazines are obsolete and has none in stock. Mr knibbs now sells them at £23 plus £2 postage...OUCH . I'm not sure Gamo make them anymore so this will make it much harder to source and these rifles are popular. I may have to look for a spares and repair paratrooper repeater with mag.If you do decide to make more of them let me know, you could do a batch and I bet they would sell easily.
    Troy

Last edited by sniper24687066; 12-10-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Magazine

Thanks for that, I might try Knibbs again, and Ged. It's been a while since I've seen him.
    Rob