Thread: bsf70 ,.177 an optima 4x32 scope.

bsf70 ,.177 an optima 4x32 scope.

I am praying its dry on Sunday so i can have an hour or two at club, just got this in .177 , i allready have one in .22 and thats top so looking forward to what this one can do I have put an Optima 4x32 on her and the optics are very good for the era, beleve they were japanese- hako. Anyone recomend a suitable pellet for her please

.177 bsfs70

JSB's seem to be the best in mine but it's only running at about 8ft/lbs. As you know they have a sloping breech so any pellet that goes right into the breech & does not leave the tail sticking out will be better than a tight fitting one. If it's still got the leather breech seal it will benefit from having an O ring fitted. I just bedded mine in with soft compound glue from a glue gun. took a few attempts to get it right but works a treat when you do . Out of curiosity if you chrono it could you let me know what it's doing?

Due to the sloping breech (and my personal dislike of leather breech seals) I find one and a half 'O' rings suit BSF break barrels. The half 'O' ring goes in first.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

thanks guys, it will be getting a Welsh willi tune when he can fit me in.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    H&N FTT worked well in my B55 in .177. The BSF is a tricky rifle to shoot; use a very loose hold and let it recoil backwards, forwards and backwards again... The trigger is interesting too, it 'hangs up' at the end of the first pull and then just needs a little press back to trip it. The trigger feel is dependent on how strong the mainspring is, so if you want a really sweet trigger then reduce the power of the spring.

They can be very accurate rifles but are the PhD of springers to shoot; if you can shoot good groups with a BSF you will be a genius with any other springer.

Enjoy!

Yes I have a55 that was tuned by Will for me, we had a derated spring fitted due to a split across the pistol grip, it was repaired by an old friend and still puts out an acceptable 650fps in .177 and is one of my prides and joy. Thanks for the advice