Thread: re webley stinger

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

re webley stinger

hi, anyone got either a webley stinger spares or repair or the rearsight /loading port slide for sale .
    cheers bob.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

they certainly fall short of the mark for the best webley made in terms of quality but as you say there are two sides to this one and im prepared to overlook its short comings to complete the storey [collection wise] also come to appreciate what was achieved by their pistols in making them so user
    friendly [knat excluded]to work on tune and shoot.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    they certainly fall short of the mark for the best webley made in terms of quality but as you say there are two sides to this one and im prepared to overlook its short comings to complete the storey [collection wise] also come to appreciate what was achieved by their pistols in making them so user
    friendly [knat excluded]to work on tune and shoot.
    Quick warning---If the breech seal starts to play up, you could pull the trigger and the gun would not fire right away, but can fire seconds later as the pressure finally forces the ball through the seal.
    I ended up making a leather one for mine and sized it to just barely hold hte bb.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

eer the ONES on gunstar ,i bet the same bloke bought both cheers warning noted plus as you know im good with leather!!

What a coincidence, bought one today. Really nice condition, shoots OK etc. It was cheap by my standards but what is the value of these?

Ormicron

at the moment they are not that pricey and mainly of interest to the more avid collectors with an eye to the future the best price ive seen one go for in mint was around £55 shop price unboxed, but they are slowly on the up as being the sort of pistol that was considered the intro end of the webley range, tend to get junked rather than repaired [unless guy gets his hands no it]making them thin on the ground with the passage of time.
    well guy got my first stinger today,and after having a good plinking session using steel bbs as im told the placky ones tend to jam im very pleased i never thought a simple pop out pistol could be quite as accurate and fun , no jam ups with little recoil ;thinking here of the diana mod 2 aim one inch below and half an inch to the right etc but the stinger is about there and with a tad more power than a co2 blow back ,she does throw the odd bb out at a weird trajectory now and again but at 10mtrs im getting a can 8 times out of ten ,this ones very clean .
    Last edited by red bob; 14-10-2013 at 07:59 PM.