Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: car boot finds?

car boot finds?

Hi guys

Anyone ever found anything at a car boot?

cheers

Glenn
    SAKO 75 VARMINT .243 -LEOPOLD VX-111 6.5-20X50LR -AR15 .223 VARMINTER- RUGER 77 17-SCHMIDT&BENDER 8X56 - REMINGTON 597 VARMINT-LEOPOLD VX-111 4.5-14X50 - FEINWERKBAU SPORT 127 MK1-KASSNER BETA 3 - FEINWERKBAU SPORT MK2-OPTIMA SUPER MOONLIGHTER 3-9X56

Never

Quite a few actually. A reasonable Airpsorter which I bought for £30, a BSA Cadet Major for £20, a nice cammo dipped HW77 for £70 and a very nice HW35 which cost £90. All in all it used to be well worth a look but less so these days.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn jarvis View Post
    Hi guys

Anyone ever found anything at a car boot?

cheers

Glenn
    Now its funny you should say that !
    I was at a car boot last week, There was on offer for " Quote" A couple of quid, Wasp, Red .177 tin with pellets,

Its the same one on the " Bay " At £49 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Did I buy it no, I collect tins Etc , Mug springs to mind, ?
    Maybe its still there , check next time its on,

Probably not, had some good deals though, Ged.
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 13-10-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Once ! - We brought a small writing desk. It made a clonking noise every time we lifted and moved it. It had a secret draw and inside was......A Webley Mk11 Target pistol

Sold it to a member on here several years ago !

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    "Johnbaz" is the Car Boot King as far as I know !

Bet he's at one now !
    “An airgun or two”………

getting very wet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    "Johnbaz" is the Car Boot King as far as I know !

Bet he's at one now !
    SAKO 75 VARMINT .243 -LEOPOLD VX-111 6.5-20X50LR -AR15 .223 VARMINTER- RUGER 77 17-SCHMIDT&BENDER 8X56 - REMINGTON 597 VARMINT-LEOPOLD VX-111 4.5-14X50 - FEINWERKBAU SPORT 127 MK1-KASSNER BETA 3 - FEINWERKBAU SPORT MK2-OPTIMA SUPER MOONLIGHTER 3-9X56

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Once ! - We brought a small writing desk. It made a clonking noise every time we lifted and moved it. It had a secret draw and inside was......A Webley Mk11 Target pistol

Sold it to a member on here several years ago !
    Now THAT has to be the find of the decade. You jammy blighter Mark.

Pete.

Yep, Had a Webley Tempest for £30, A cased set on Knobloc target frames for a fiver (the guy did't even know what they were for!!) an RWS 225 CO2 pistol and my best but of all, A FAS 604 mk1 for £50 inc case, target holder, targets and pellets, wish I'd never sold it cos I want another and expact i'll pay a bit more for it, lol
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Not a thing but Mark's Webley MK2 story is the kind of thing that inspires me to keep looking. Well done mate!

John

Quote Originally Posted by glenn jarvis View Post
    Hi guys

Anyone ever found anything in a car boot?

cheers

Glenn
    Spare wheel?
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

edbear2 Guest
    At "pure" car boots...Loads!...Various BSA underlevers, a 15th century Japanese Wazasaki short sword brought back from Burma in WW2 (not strictly airgun, but I sold it and bought a nice rifle). Original 50b, all sorts of Parker Hale sights and bits, various shooting books, Brady slips by the bootload (well maybe 10 over the years), 2 x Webley pistols, tons of old pellet tins, A Mk 1 airsporter, a Mk3 Mercury,a couple of P/H spotting scope stands, various scopes from the normal 70's generic BSA / Webley branded jap ones, to decent American and German stuff.

I can't even remember really all of it

And that's before you mention the local Flea Market which can be spectacular...or a wasteland gun wise

I am lucky in that I live in a fairly rural area, not far from the Welsh border area so have a choice of several boots to chose from, all of which regularly see old boys in tatty old landies turn up with clear out stuff that has not seen the light of day for years, also this a totally H+S / Bul**** free zone so you seem to be able to sell anything and no-one bats an eyelid.

I have seen all sorts in my local travels

ATB, Ed

Thumbs up

Yep!

I've had all sorts from the bootsales in the past including guns, pellets,scopes, knives and all sorts of non shooting related stuff too!

I met a chap at my local bootsale and bought a couple of guns from him then one day he handed me list of guns that he was selling! in total i've probably bought a dozen or more guns from him, the most cherished prize being a nicely etched Webley Mk1 air rifle, I've also bought from him a BSA Airsporter mk1 in number one bore, an ASI Statical, several Webley overlever pistols, A BSA Cadet, Webley Hawk, I bought several silencers, tins of pellets, Binoculars among other stuff!!

I've been tio his house several times and he's a really interesting bloke, he built himself a workshop and has a large Boxford lathe, milling machine, grinders, drills, everything in there is proper industrial quality stuff! nothing from the Aldi in sight!!

He has a mahoosive collection of airguns still including some that i've never heard of before, and some that he's made himself!

I promised the wife that i'm not buying any more as they're taking up too much room but he has a nice Original mod50 that I fancy, and a few more Airsporters, and the one that i'd not heard of before and a couple of Service rifles and..... and.... and

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

These car-boot threads always make me so jealous. I must stop reading them...

me too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
    These car-boot threads always make me so jealous. I must stop reading them...
    .....I never find anything