Thread: Parker Hale Dragon

Parker Hale Dragon

I had the pleasure of shooting a .22 Dragon today at 50M through telescope sights and it was a delight, I have heard bad stories of them but I was so well impressed with the gun, how it handled and accuracy even in my hands, the guy who owns it says its great for knobbling rats from about 40 yards and as he keeps chickens he obviously has rat residents too.
    Are there many of these guns left in circulation? It would be very interesting to see if there are a lot of survivors
    Martini
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

parker hale drogon

I shot a .22 one last year a mate had, very nice & quiet too. Bit heavy for my taste or I'd have bought it.

Great guns not many made, there are 2 variations (field target & sporter) the down side is the weight.

I have a 'sporter' with a very nice walnut stock. as has been said,it's a heavy bit of kit but superbly made and a joy to shoot,although the sequence of seting the valve,pumping,loading and pushing off the auto safe must make it one of the slowest out there for follow up shots
    With the PH silencer fitted it's extremely quiet to shoot

I've got one too, a Dragon Sporter (.22 hunter as averse to .177 Dragon FT) and love it a lot, it's very accurate and as has already been said, quiet with a decent moderator. Downsides are, it's no good for hide shooting as you need a lot of room for the sidelever, also if oiled as it says in the instructions you can get a hydraulic lock occurring in the valve if the valve fills with oil during storage. Store flat or muzzle down to prevent this. Nice guns though, I really like the looks, the stock is very comfortable, the build quality is good and they do work well if looked after right.

The later ones have an "H" stamped into the back of the cylinder to signify that the trigger parts are hardened, these are the ones to look out for.

Yes I have one in .22, the hunter version, like it a lot, its different and even with the 6x40 scope I have on her at the moment its a cracker of a gun.