Thread: Pellet tin valuation

Pellet tin valuation

I have just picked up a air pistol which had been in storage for over 25years and it came with a couple of tins of pellets H&N match diabolo kugeln .177 one still has the seal intact (full) and the other one has about 75 pellets, can anyone give me a rough idea if these are worth anything, before they go on the bay of evil
    Thanks jim

Hi Jim,

If these are tins of 500, I used to use these for 10m shooting. Early tins were white and grey, whilst later versions had more blue. The later versions were marked for pistol or rifle and the difference was purely down to weight. Pics of your tins would help to identify and age them. A good quality pellet and in my view, the benchmark for 10m shooting. Not sure if they have much collector value as they are not that old, but would estimate under £10 on the written description you have provided.

Regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Jim,

If these are tins of 500, I used to use these for 10m shooting. Early tins were white and grey, whilst later versions had more blue. The later versions were marked for pistol or rifle and the difference was purely down to weight. Pics of your tins would help to identify and age them. A good quality pellet and in my view, the benchmark for 10m shooting. Not sure if they have much collector value as they are not that old, but would estimate under £10 on the written description you have provided.

Regards,

John
    Thanks for the reply, they are grey and white tins of 500 pellets, they came with a Diana original model10 air pistol, Thanks for the info, I can't figure out how to load a photo!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jim caffery View Post
    Thanks for the reply, they are grey and white tins of 500 pellets, they came with a Diana original model10 air pistol, Thanks for the info, I can't figure out how to load a photo!
    Jim
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ighlight=photo This may help.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk