Thread: HW40 pellet question

HW40 pellet question

Evening all I love shooting my HW40 pistol and I use flat head geco, s what I would like to know is can you also use domed pellets in the pistol and if you can which ones to use.
    many thanks
    debs

Cool hi

Hi I also have a HW 40, I use RWS hobbys or superdomes plus ekco,s does,nt seem to be pellet fussy just as long as you can hold the pellet david
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    Evening all I love shooting my HW40 pistol and I use flat head geco, s what I would like to know is can you also use domed pellets in the pistol and if you can which ones to use.
    many thanks
    debs
    Are you shooting at paper? If so then flatheads are much better for making clean holes, so I'd stick with them. They tend to be cheaper than domed pellets too. Try a few different brands if you think the pellets could group better. The HW40 should put them in a very small group rested at 6 metres.
    Domes are more accurate over longer distances as they are more stable - an issue if you were doing pistol HFT perhaps, but at short range in reasonable conditions I don't think you would notice a difference in accuracy.

If you do want to try a dome headed pellet, I have not had a problem with JSB Exact in 4.52 headsize in any of my HW barrels.

HTH.
    Good deals with these members

Hi Debs,
    Pretty much as above.
    Love my HW40 to bits.
    I only shoot paper, and mine likes Hobbies that much that I've never felt the need to try anything else.
    Using dome heads won't be a problem and there are many excellent quality domes now on the market, but the good old RWS Superdomes are as good a starting place as any.
    Cheers,
    Tone.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hw 40

Had one for a good while it was so accurate I got bored with and sold it,

It Loved Daystate select in 4.51 and RWS R 10's

it shot domes better for long distance,

Hobbies are kack! in modern barrels as are Superdomes,

Better to go with JSB's or Air Arms,

What ever you do have fun,

Bernard.

HW 40 pellet qyestion

Hi and thanks for the great feedback, I will be doing some testing this week with the geco, s and JSB domed pellets.
    rgds
    debs