Thread: FWB 65 advice needed

FWB 65 advice needed

A friend with a FWB 65 pistol is a bit miffed that it has jammed with the side lever fully back. It won't release from the ratchet arrangement to close forward; he's capable of carefully stripping it and releasing the piston but is interested to know what possible cause to look for.
    Any pointers would be appreciated, yes I've confirmed the lever is pulled right back as far as it goes.

Cheers
    torrens

Quote Originally Posted by torrens View Post
    A friend with a FWB 65 pistol is a bit miffed that it has jammed with the side lever fully back. It won't release from the ratchet arrangement to close forward; he's capable of carefully stripping it and releasing the piston but is interested to know what possible cause to look for.
    Any pointers would be appreciated, yes I've confirmed the lever is pulled right back as far as it goes.

Cheers
    torrens
    On occasions these will release by pulling the lever back & forward a few times but it's rare.

In all honesty if he is capable of stripping it & releasing the piston then he will see what parts are involved.

The part that engages the ratchet, Pt No 1600.145.1 kickback interlock is buried against the compression tube in the middle of the action underneath between the trigger mechanism & the little hook with a spring Pt No. 1600.146.3 attached under the open breech. Follow the dentent lever Pt No 1600.143.1 (this is the part that goes into the breech from below) back towards the trigget, find the cutout in it & you will see the kickback interlock.

He will need something long & thin enough to reach in & lift it.......best done with two people as the cocking lever will need holding back to remove tension. If this is attempted by one person there is a real danger of trapping a digit or two especially if the sears are not engaged... .....trust me slip & that lever can break fingers.

I suggest a good clean & relube at the very least.......it's unlikely the offending parts will show any wear but may show a slight burr? very often no difference can be seen with the eye between a worn out & new part.

If I was me I would not hesitate to replace all safety parts with new at this stage...trust nothing to luck.

this procedure is very difficult for me to describe so apologies if you don't understand my explanation but at least you have some part numbers you can refer to on the drawing which can be downloaded from the Feinwerkbau site.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Thanks very much WD,
    he's not a member on here but I told him to watch as a guest for any replies. He is an engineer so hopefully he can sort it out. I saw the pistol last night and he'd stuffed a cork in the breech to avoid any sudden drama, hopefully no broken fingers will occur!

Cheers and atb
    torrens