Thread: Target pistol with silencer?

Target pistol with silencer?

Hi, got 200 pounds to spend on a target pistol. I have realised with garden plinking of the air rifle, I really could do with a silencer, so I want to buy a pistol that can be easily fitted with a silencer.

I was initially looking at the Gamo Compact, love the target grip, and its right in the price range. Can these easily be fitted with a silencer?

Otherwise, what are the options for target pistol with silencer?

Thanks.
    Thanks - Geoff.

Latest generation of Webley Alectos have ability to fit silencer.

I have a Crosman 2300T with a simple adaptor, almost completely silent (just sound of hammer hitting tbh)

Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
    Hi, got 200 pounds to spend on a target pistol. I have realised with garden plinking of the air rifle, I really could do with a silencer, so I want to buy a pistol that can be easily fitted with a silencer.

I was initially looking at the Gamo Compact, love the target grip, and its right in the price range. Can these easily be fitted with a silencer?

Otherwise, what are the options for target pistol with silencer?

Thanks.
    Geoff,
    The Gamo Compact is so quiet anyway I doubt your neighbours would hear it. Great pistol, by the way.
    Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    Geoff,
    The Gamo Compact is so quiet anyway I doubt your neighbours would hear it. Great pistol, by the way.
    Pete.
    I have a HW40 amongst my collection.
    Love it to bits.....Very accurate, with superb trigger, AND very quiet.
    As it has such a similar format to the Gamo, ie, SSP, and low powered, I'd have guessed that this was quiet enough.

The main thing is to have a nice, quiet, backstop.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I have a Gamo compact and hw40 both are very quiet and they both are ssp type pistols, I also have a Rohm trainer with a silencer fitted and this is unbeleivably quiet I can shoot it indoors and the mrs doesn't hear in the room next door, if you get a co2 type pistol make sure you get a silencer as these can be a lot louder than a ssp, be careful as some co2 pistols that come with silencers are just for appearance rather than performance.
    I would reccomend the Gamo compact,

Another positive vote for the Gamo, love mine and I regularly back garden plink with it. The silencer is a no-go I'm afraid. The muzzle is recessed in the body of the gun so no adapter without fitting a longer barrel.
    I would not worry too much though as it is a very quiet gun anyway.
    Why not ask the shop to dry fire if you are in any doubt.

The Webley is over £200 new, so cant have that. (my maximum is £200 as im not buying it)

The Gamo compact sounds good, I do like the look of them.

The Rohm CO2 sounds interesting, I will need to keep an eye out for a 2nd hand one in budget.

Cheers - Geoff.
    Thanks - Geoff.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Why not save the money you would of spent on a silencer and join the target club you've got right on your door step?...(see my sig.)

What pistols and rifles can I shoot at the club in Norwich? OK, I know my HWs that I use for HFT arnt suitable.

As I am getting bought this pistol, I still want to be able to use it in my back garden for practice, like I practice with the HWs. I don't want a "club only" pistol or rifle.

Cheers.
    Thanks - Geoff.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Odjick29 View Post
    Another positive vote for the Gamo, love mine and I regularly back garden plink with it. The silencer is a no-go I'm afraid. The muzzle is recessed in the body of the gun so no adapter without fitting a longer barrel.
    I would not worry too much though as it is a very quiet gun anyway.
    Why not ask the shop to dry fire if you are in any doubt.
    Fully agree with these comments I've got two compacts set up for different disciplines, ...mike...

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
    What pistols and rifles can I shoot at the club in Norwich? OK, I know my HWs that I use for HFT arnt suitable.

As I am getting bought this pistol, I still want to be able to use it in my back garden for practice, like I practice with the HWs. I don't want a "club only" pistol or rifle.

Cheers.
    .177 sub 6 ft/lbs... but most target guns have a healthy crack from the barrel, so might not be the best choice in a suburban garden.

That's not to say they cannot be lightly modified though... http://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic1625.html

Neither ofthe above are REAL target pistols.
    If yr looking for that, yr looking in the wrong direction.
    ATB,
    yana