Thread: Getairgun/Pet Pet Pet, an announcement

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!

Getairgun/Pet Pet Pet, an announcement

I'm doing OK! I'm financially sound!
    There is a rumour going about, or chinese whispers, that I can't afford to pay my mortgages and I'm heading for bankrupcy. Not at all true, here is the original story:
    My little sister died 2 weeks ago aged 43, which I've taken as a wake up call: we don't last forever. I have 4 properties that are rented out, I've owned them since the early 90s, I can flog one every 5 years and not have to work ever again.
    Obviously for me to never work again, I'll need to sell my shop. And it seems that whilst chatting to a customer or two about this, the rumour started. Or maybe when the customer told the next person, the story got a bit juicier.

I should've known better, the same thing happened 5 years ago, property was good (just before the slump), so I placed a post in the for sale section, 'gun shop for sale'. Start my retirement. 3 weeks later a customer came in and said "Surrey Guns said you're going under!"

But in order to sell something, you have to tell people that something is for sale. Or else it won't sell, so it's a catch 22 (or a catch .177).

I'm in no real rush, the shop can be rented, or bought, the adjoining 2 bed flat (on the outskirts of Brighton and Hove) can be bought, there's lots of options for a gunshop/petshop.

Now....don't be such gossips!

(perhaps an Oakie could link this to the Oaks forum)
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

Thumbs down

Hi Nick.
    Very sorry to hear of your loss.

I will get this on the Oakie site.

From what you have said, i would do exactly the same. Sometimes takes a loss to make you take stock of what you have and want. If you are fortunate enough to be able to do what you want, then good luck to you
    si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

I'm also sorry to hear of your loss.
    But, if you have a dream to live, bucket list to complete then go for it now! We don't all get to do such things and the time we have to do them can seem like forever when you are young, fit and healthy. If you have something to do and can afford to do it then get on and do it.
    "There is only one god and his name is death... and what do we say to him? Not today"

So very sorry for your tragic loss.

Running a small business too I know how rumours can get blown out of all proportion.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

ATB
    Nigel

I forgot to add that it will be a shame to lose you as my local rfd as you have helped me find some obscure bits and pieces. Most importantly without looking down on me which I have experienced in too many gun shops, probably cos I'm scruffy but I've still got money to spend.
    si
    The OAKS

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Sorry to hear of your loss matey. been there recently myself.
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Pet pet pet

[QUOTE=Nickpan;6139833]I'm doing OK! I'm financially sound!
    There is a rumour going about, or chinese whispers, that I can't afford to pay my mortgages and I'm heading for bankrupcy. Not at all true, here is the original story:
    My little sister died 2 weeks ago aged 43, which I've taken as a wake up call: we don't last forever. I have 4 properties that are rented out, I've owned them since the early 90s, I can flog one every 5 years and not have to work ever again.
    Obviously for me to never work again, I'll need to sell my shop. And it seems that whilst chatting to a customer or two about this, the rumour started. Or maybe when the customer told the next person, the story got a bit juicier.

I should've known better, the same thing happened 5 years ago, property was good (just before the slump), so I placed a post in the for sale section, 'gun shop for sale'. Start my retirement. 3 weeks later a customer came in and said "Surrey Guns said you're going under!"

But in order to sell something, you have to tell people that something is for sale. Or else it won't sell, so it's a catch 22 (or a catch .177).

I'm in no real rush, the shop can be rented, or bought, the adjoining 2 bed flat (on the outskirts of Brighton and Hove) can be bought, there's lots of options for a gunshop/petshop.

Now....don't be such gossips!

(perhaps an Oakie could link this to the Oaks forum)[/QUOTE

Very sorry to hear of your loss and that you will be moving on,thanks for all your help you will be missed and all the best for the future

Atb

Terry C The oaks

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    Well, I won't be gone for a while, it'll take ages to sell the business. I'll have to have a tidy first.
    I do plan to retire at some point, but the main point of this thread was to quash the 'Nick's going under' stories.

Business as usual!
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

Good!
    The OAKS

peterd8877 is offline Anschutz connoisseur and marksman
    Sorry to hear of your loss. Good to see there is no truth in the rumour.

secretagentmole Guest
    If your gun shop was called Pellpax on the other hand....

Nick-I am very sorry to hear of your sad loss-the last thing you need at the moment is to have to deal with bullshit rumours. You always struck me as a happy-go-lucky bloke, whatever you decide on your future, I wish you the very best
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter