Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bsa ultra se/bsa scorpion se.

bsa ultra se/bsa scorpion se.

looked at both rifles side by side today and thought to myself what a rip off. both guns in near identical stocks look identical. Bet bsa thought i know we will relaunch the ultra but chop two inches off the scorpion barrel and air cylinder and charge an extra hundred quid for basically the same rifle shortened.

Quote Originally Posted by nimrod177 View Post
    looked at both rifles side by side today and thought to myself what a rip off. both guns in near identical stocks look identical. Bet bsa thought i know we will relaunch the ultra but chop two inches off the scorpion barrel and air cylinder and charge an extra hundred quid for basically the same rifle shortened.
    Who do bsa think they are?....Daystate!!!

secretagentmole Guest
    I love the way that the Ultra now has a Scorpionesque swivel on the front of the action to fill the damned hole in the stock up. When all the stocks with holes in are used up, SE mark 2 with new stock....

Really?

Is the new Ultra SE £100 more than the old multi shot ultra?

Cheers,

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mjoseph View Post
    Really?

Is the new Ultra SE £100 more than the old multi shot ultra?

Cheers,

Mark.
    there are a few older ones out there selling at about the 405-450 in the tactical stock, rrp as per airgun world october 2012 is 519. i suppose it can be a bit of a difference where you shop but seems about in that region. even where i shop today admitted it was a bit odd to get less for more. the old style was a marmite rifle. the new one appears to be a chopped down version of the se. Identical in all respects apart from length of barrel and cylinder.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    I love the way that the Ultra now has a Scorpionesque swivel on the front of the action to fill the damned hole in the stock up. When all the stocks with holes in are used up, SE mark 2 with new stock....
    Think you have it nailed there.
    The placement of the forward sling mount on the new Ultras seems almost designed to mark and gouge the forend of the stock
    Good deals with these members

there are a few older ones out there selling at about the 405-450 in the tactical stock, rrp as per airgun world october 2012 is 519. i suppose it can be a bit of a difference where you shop but seems about in that region. even where i shop today admitted it was a bit odd to get less for more. the old style was a marmite rifle. the new one appears to be a chopped down version of the se. Identical in all respects apart from length of barrel and cylinder.
    So it's not £100 more? If you look at it another way, it's about £50 less than the Scorpion se. So maybe BSA should market it as a Scorpion se ultra carbine?

Cheers,

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Am I right in thinking that that's exactly what's happened?

I pointed this out when it first got released.....its a Scorpion carbine
    Good deals with.. Ian Tolley,roughshooter,billyboy,LUVGUNS,PINNACLE,TTL Paul,UK Neil,whitevanman574,learningcurve + Sarah,David TS,likom12.Sak,straut.tracker73,chris.e,,Loads more,to many to mention..

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    I pointed this out when it first got released.....its a Scorpion carbine
    I meant the bit about the stock, where the first se models had a qd thingmejig where the old cocking button was.... Sounds petty but it really put me off getting one. Just seemed a bit half arsed and not a good sign! Seem to have used up the old stocks now judging by recent pics in the mags!

You gotta love recycling!

Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
    I meant the bit about the stock, where the first se models had a qd thingmejig where the old cocking button was.... Sounds petty but it really put me off getting one. Just seemed a bit half arsed and not a good sign! Seem to have used up the old stocks now judging by recent pics in the mags!
    Not realy studied the the stock in any detail myself.
    Good deals with.. Ian Tolley,roughshooter,billyboy,LUVGUNS,PINNACLE,TTL Paul,UK Neil,whitevanman574,learningcurve + Sarah,David TS,likom12.Sak,straut.tracker73,chris.e,,Loads more,to many to mention..

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Not realy studied the the stock in any detail myself.
    When you put it like that, it does sound a bit gimpy! Wasn't having a pop!

cheers,

Tim

Old ultra without gage was £399 in multi, ultra se has a gage and bolt action for £430. Stock Looks good too. It's a joy to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
    When you put it like that, it does sound a bit gimpy! Wasn't having a pop!

cheers,

Tim
    You have lost me now