Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trafalgar at Bisley this Weekend

Bisley

I am taking two Webley MK1's to sell, a pre war slant grip (refinished) and an average post war MK1 .177, and Keith always has loads of Webleys of all ages for you to lust after...

Quote Originally Posted by fenny View Post
    Brian ,have you forgotten next Sunday's "Classic" (27th March) or are you just not going?
    Hi Keith,

The 27th October 'Arms Fair' is very close to the Trafalgar meeting, but no doubt I will still attend unless the weather is really awful.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    Can any of you regulars to this Fair tell me if I am likely to off load a couple of BP pistols (FAC- I am giving it up) and find any old, ineresting, springer pistols? Also is it worth dragging around any blades or is this fair like many I have attended - airgun free and selling only?
    Hello,

Unless the BP pistols are original, I doubt you would have any luck getting a reasonable price for them at the Trafalgar meeting. Unfortunately, second hand reproduction BP pistols are always diifficult to sell unless in part exchange for something better. There are two or three tables which sell classic air guns with Keith Bayliss's being the most likely to find something nice. There are also some tables trading in new and classic knives, but again I would suspect it would need something special to tempt them to buy.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 17-10-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I am taking two Webley MK1's to sell, a pre war slant grip (refinished) and an average post war MK1 .177, and Keith always has loads of Webleys of all ages for you to lust after...

I have heard he will have a proper three barrel Service and Brian has two or three nice .22 third series. I am not tempted or interested in the slightest.......much

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    Can any of you regulars to this Fair tell me if I am likely to off load a couple of BP pistols (FAC- I am giving it up) and find any old, ineresting, springer pistols? Also is it worth dragging around any blades or is this fair like many I have attended - airgun free and selling only?
    Get there early and see Ian at ITL shooting supplies, hes at the far end of the glass room and will probably give you a fair price.

bisley

i'll be there Saturday .

rgds kevin

ps Ronnies gone light headed thinking about buying the breakfast on Saturday morning .

Thanx for feedback - I'll be there Saturday with the wife, my excuse for taking here away for a dirty weekend.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

I'm not sure wives are allowed.
    Check with organisers for special conditions that may apply.

Were there any interesting rifles for sale at the Fair this weekend - Any bargains?
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

Quote Originally Posted by markmac View Post
    Were there any interesting rifles for sale at the Fair this weekend - Any bargains?
    I saw a rare BSA Junior with the correct short stock and a fellow collector bought a Haenel V Junior with the rotary magazine but alas, I went home with cash intact.
    John

The Dutchmen were a bit cheeky, selling old pulled 7.62x54 bullets re-labelled as .303 - someone will have some interesting accuracy results on the range.

A few nice Webley Service rifles, 2 were cased, at least 10 mk 3s and a lot of BSA underlevers and loads of Webley pistols. One of the regular airgun dealers had to cancel last minute.

No doubt next Sunday will be well stocked again....

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I saw a rare BSA Junior with the correct short stock and a fellow collector bought a Haenel V Junior with the rotary magazine but alas, I went home with cash intact.
    John

I saw that too, it had the 11 1/4'' roll stamped straight stock, and was under £500

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I saw that too, it had the 11 1/4'' roll stamped straight stock, and was under £500
    Hello Pete,

A few years ago when I was building up my small collection of Pre-WW1 BSA Air Rifles I was offered nice examples of the 'Junior and 'Juvenile' pattern for the same price (£350) at an Arms Fair. I chose the straight hand stock 'Junior' as I preferred the bayonet-end cocking lever this being the same arrangement as my 'Light' and 'Standard' patterns. I'm really glad I made this choice now as I have since seen quite a few 'Juveniles' but very few 'Juniors'. Although only around 1000 examples of both variants were ever made I understand more of the 'Juniors' were exported which is why they seem to be harder to come across.

Also liked the cased three barrel Webley Mk 2 Service set and noted another cased single barrel 'Service' with the same non-Webley trade label. Looks like these are fresh to the market and possibly from the same source.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    John
    Hello John.

In accordance with your advice I bought a nice 'Brummie' Tempest to compare with my 'Turkish' Tempests. First impressions are that it does appear to be of slightly better build quality with a nicer trigger. Look forward to seeing how it compares when used in anger so to speak.

Regards

Brian