Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trafalgar at Bisley this Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello John.

In accordance with your advice I bought a nice 'Brummie' Tempest to compare with my 'Turkish' Tempests. First impressions are that it does appear to be of slightly better build quality with a nicer trigger. Look forward to seeing how it compares when used in anger so to speak.

Regards

Brian
    I'd be interested in your findings when you compare the two Brian.

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I saw a rare BSA Junior with the correct short stock and a fellow collector bought a Haenel V Junior with the rotary magazine but alas, I went home with cash intact.
    John
    Hi John, that's a pity they didn't tempt you to part with any cash What else was on offer?

There is a collectors sale on at Melbourne Marksmen in Derby on Thursday night, I hear the prices will be very reasonable (Not Trade prices) and by all accounts there will be over 60+ air rifles and pistols from old to new - Worth a look to anyone after something interesting. Free entry and free sandwiches half way thru - can't be bad.
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

I'd be interested in your findings when you compare the two Brian.

Kind regards,

John
    Hello John,

The 'Brummie' Tempest is marked 'WEBLEY TEMPEST' on the side and has the narrow trigger blade, so post-1983 and pre-2002. The pistol is in .177 calibre and came with it's original box together with the correct pellet tin. For some strange reason the breech seal was missing but other than that It would appear to have had very little if any use so should make for a fair comparison with my new 'Turkish' Tempest. I happen to have a spare breech seal so will be able to give it a go soon.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by markmac View Post
    Hi John, that's a pity they didn't tempt you to part with any cash What else was on offer?

There is a collectors sale on at Melbourne Marksmen in Derby on Thursday night, I hear the prices will be very reasonable (Not Trade prices) and by all accounts there will be over 60+ air rifles and pistols from old to new - Worth a look to anyone after something interesting. Free entry and free sandwiches half way thru - can't be bad.
    Hi Mark,
    I'm saving my hard earned for the Bisley Classic this coming Sunday!

Off the top of my head, I saw a nice Highest Possible, 3 boxed Walther LP53s, a cased LP2 (or could have been a LP3), Haenel Sportsmodell 33 Junior in Fultons, a Kynoch Swift, Giffards, a plethora of Webleys, sample boxes of pellets from pre war Webley boxes and a couple of original Webley reversible spout oilcans.

The Melbourne sale sounds interesting. You'll have to write up a report on here afterwards

Kind regards,

John

Hi Mark,

Off the top of my head, I saw a nice Highest Possible, 3 boxed Walther LP53s, a cased LP2 (or could have been a LP3), Haenel Sportsmodell 33 Junior in Fultons, a Kynoch Swift, Giffards, a plethora of Webleys, sample boxes of pellets from pre war Webley boxes and a couple of original Webley reversible spout oilcans.

The Melbourne sale sounds interesting. You'll have to write up a report on here afterwards

Kind regards,

John
    Hi John with all that lot for sale its dream land, pity l will not be there. wish you luck on your spending.

regards,
    Mick.

Haenel 33 Junior.

Hi Mark,

Kind regards,

John
    Hi John,
    how much was the Haenel 33 Jnr? and was it nice?
    Regards,
    Chris.

Hi Mark,

Kind regards,

John
    Hi John, Sounds like there were a lot of real classics on offer,Hope the event on Sunday goes well for everyone - maybe there will be something there to tempt you to treat yourself.
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Snodgrass View Post
    Hi John,
    how much was the Haenel 33 Jnr? and was it nice?
    Regards,
    Chris.
    Hi Chris,
    I didn't see the price and only saw the rifle from a distance as it was on a rack against the back wall. It may still be there this Sunday if you're making the trip.

Thanks for the replies all. I have somewhat overspent over the last 12 months or so and need to take things easy!

Kind regards,

John

Thanks John,
    I'll look on Sunday.
    Kind regards,
    Chris.

Bisley

Fultons also had an Original 65 in good condition just resealed for £265 from memory if anyones interested.