Thread: LEM Spritz

LEM Spritz

Anyone remember the Spritz (or was it Spritzer?) pellet? You cast it yourself and only in .22 I believe.

Having played with a few (very old) ones today I am after one of the moulds so I can make some more to play with.

Does anyone out there have one they would like to get rid of or know where I might find one please????????
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I had a couple of the LEM Spitzer pellet/bullet moulds in the early 80s. The pellet/bullets were very heavy - the .22 is about 21 grains - and so the trajectory is very loopy. They seat on a driving band so aren't particularly accurate. A fellow at my club used to load them into .22 Hornet centrefire cases and liked them as a soft load. LEM also made a ball round as well. The .177 pellet/bullet was about 14 grains, about the same as a normal .22.

I think they might work OK in FAC PCP rifles over 25 foot-pounds but for 12 ft/lbs they are pretty much useless. Airgun pellets are best designed as the waisted cotton-reel model, with a long distance between the head band and the skirt. Bullet shapes are for firearms really.

They ARE great fun to make though. Apart from the risk of lead poisoning.

They come up on £Bay from time to time.

They did do them in .25--.20-.22-.177 i did have all 4 i sold them on here awhile back as said they do come up on the bay but be prepared to pay £30 upwards for one

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    I had a LEM mould, as said before trajectory was howitzer like but they did hit hard. LEM also made one off moulds for all sorts of calibres, the .700 one is rather fun!

Still looking, anyone got a piccy of one? I have some pellets but inherited them so have never seen a LEM mould, I assume they are similar to BP ball/bullet moulds but do you only cast one at a time? Very labour intensive!
    lodmoor

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Have a bump and see if this linky works
    http://www.google.com/search?q=lem+p...&bih=485&dpr=1
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

The LEM moulds are reasonably common on the 'Bay, but tend to go for stupid money considering they don't make an accurate projectile.
    If you want one anyway, just keep an eye out & one will be along eventually.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    or just buy some rabbit magnums instead and retain your IQ....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by oliver13 View Post
    The LEM moulds are reasonably common on the 'Bay, but tend to go for stupid money considering they don't make an accurate projectile.
    If you want one anyway, just keep an eye out & one will be along eventually.
    I've been looking for a .22 one for years and everytime one turns up for sale, i was pipped at the post

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    I have one sitting in front of me which I might be persuaded to part with if it can be given a good home!
    It's in .22 flavour with the original cardboard box and instruction leaflet/page. The box is marked with the pellet shape as "conoidal".
    I bought the mould by mail order direct from L.E.M. in Blackpool in the late 70's. I would describe it's condition as "good".
    If you're interested let me know, then we can discuss a price fair to both.

Hi clogger, you have PM.
    lodmoor