Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which pistol??

Thanks to all that replied: plenty of food for thought. I think I'm going to have to try and get to shoot as many spring pistols as I can and make a choice. I want to go spring as I like the none-dependence on co2 bulbs or air cylinders. I'm comfortable with the idea of handling recoil: I have no problems with a HW95, indeed I went back to a spring rifle as I found PCPs soulless and almost too easy. Each to their own I guess.

Thanks again guys!

i went through same process a short while ago power and accuracy Webley alecto all the way check it out on youtube absolutely brilliant shoot
    the HW 45`s are well under the power they are quoted at no where neaer even the 5.5ftlbs some have claimed i found they were nearer 4.5 ftlbs

Quote Originally Posted by dino89 View Post
    the HW 45`s are well under the power they are quoted at no where neaer even the 5.5ftlbs some have claimed i found they were nearer 4.5 ftlbs

Whereas, in my personal experience, they've all been very close, and the .22 that I currently own was far too close for comfort and had to be tamed a little.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

My .22 Black Star is running at 5.5fpe.
    It's also a stunning looking beast in MY eyes. I don't get the ugly vibe that's directed at the 45.

I have a Silver star in .177. Not as pokey as the Black Star, doing around 4.5fpe which is more than enough for my requirements.

I own two 45's, and a 40. An Alecto, two 240 Magnums and a mint Webley Nemesis (my sons). If I was ever to cash em in I'd not part with the two 45's.

That's purely my personal opinion and I'm in no way a pistol connoisseur.
    AA s410 KT .177 HW100T .177 BSA R10 .177 Theoben MFR.20 . Webley Alecto.
    Geordie.....

What about a Brocock?

Quote Originally Posted by prospector View Post
    IS without doubt a great pistol to shoot and is one that responds very very well indeed to good technique.....I owned an ALECTO for some time and it was clinical,it took some time to fettle all the bits that could be adjusted but when this was done the pistol was sooo accurate and forgiving of dodgy technique with it.....that is why it had to go because there was little challenge in shooting it.... and SWMBO stated one pistol only so it had to be a Black Star in .177 and this pistol is hard to put down......but recently she learned a pal sold me a brand new Brocock Grand Prix 6 for ten bob cw Hawke red dot and who was I no to help him out!!!! Ahem..cough..splutter!!!Anyway the new toy is for another thread.....meantime enjoy the agony of selecting a pistolatb
    Having read the entire thread it's clear some like certain pistols because they looks cool, regardless of whether or not they do the job they're intended to do. Whatever floats your boat! Prospectors reply says it all, he has progressed to a Brocock. At a reasonable price the Brocock models are accurate and good value for the money, and terrific fun to shoot. My first and only pistol, but it is a serious bit of kit. Drawback is that you need to fill it and a cylinder etc costs a few bob.