Thread: which CO2 air pistol has the highest FPS?

which CO2 air pistol has the highest FPS?

Hello, I want to buy an air pistol that has the highes fps raiting. Can anyone help me with this? Any help will be appreciated. Also I would like for it to be semi auto. Thanks

Hmmmm high fps is affected by pellet weight and semi auto does not usually give what you require so you may have to forget semi auto.

Anics Skif?, if you can put up with the trigger

One of the 6" barrel derivatives, cp88 or rws225 spring to mind if you want a Umarex semi-auto look-a-like

I think 550 f.p.s. in .177 is a high reading for a CO2 pistol. My FWB Model 2 does this.The Umarex pistols are usually nowhere near this, my CP88 does around 350.

Baz

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    12g co2 powerlet powered & true semi-auto....Aeron B96 at around 440 fps.
    D/A revolver type would probably be an 8" barrelled S&W.

May PCP can have high power/FPS and there are some makes that use co2 or O2 depending on model such as Rohm Twinmaster type, but not really fast draw speed pistols.

Truth is a fast or powerful as needed and actually works for what you are using for (action shooting/target/plinking), sometime more power doesn't mean more accuracy. My Mak is a lot more powerful than my P17 but the P17 is far far more accurate

For IPAS I now use a Smith 686 which has enough power and accuracy but is not powerful compared to a Crosman.

What do you plan to use for as I think the answer varies
    Last edited by Bazmati2020; 18-10-2013 at 06:23 AM.

Crosman 600 - a true semi auto with high (for a CO2 pistols) ft/lb

The Umarex replicas are really revolvers under the skin and are low powered

Out of the box the most powerful CO2 pistols is probably the Benjamin EB series - though these are single shot

Various current Crosman models can be modified / tuned to up near the legal limit and I believe that there are multi shot breech conversions available

I go with Harvey.
    I have both these pistols.

Just on power I agree with Ian about the EB range.

Some of the cheaper bb pistols that dont blowback put out quite high power.
    The Ruger Superhawk 8 inch is another high fps revover but that shoots 6 mm.

Money no object? Steyr multishot target pistol.

You should look at Drulov DU10. Co2 true 5 shot auto and looks just like a cartridge pistol. Fantastic on accuracy. There is a screw power adjuster under the barrel, last time I checked mine was pushing 4ftlbs-4.5 But with the power up the shot count drops,. I get about 40 shots per bulb.
    Fantastic gun.

You are lucky to get that power out of your DU10, that represents almost 540 fps with Geco pellets.I can only get that with my Drulov Eagle which is the rifle version of the DU10.

Baz

The crosman 2240 is worth a look plus the benjamin EB series as previously mentioned all single shot
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance