Thread: BURGO HW55. Value please

BURGO HW55. Value please

I have a nice shooting BURGO HW55 that I do not use any more since I bought my HW55 Tyrolean - so I am thinking about selling it.

The rifle has some really nice figured wood in the stock and it shoots as well as it should for a target rifle.

At some point in its history the metalwork has been given a satin black coating that looks very nice and professional and although it makes the gun look good and is ideal for target work I am guessing the original finish would have been blued.

I have fitted a new Perspex front sight element so it is ready to compete or plink

The picture link shows the rifle with its correct HW dioptre and it is a very good bell target shooter as well as a nice Classic match air rife.

I am hoping to get some advice regarding it's value before offering it for sale.

http://bobsairguns.com/index.php?opt...ery&Itemid=170
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

With the original bluing in good condition, probably 300 quid

Sadly, a reblue costs over 100 quid once you have posted the action both ways, and getting that paint of is going to be a massive PITA.

I would therefore say for the above reasons, the gun is worth around 200 quid

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    With the original bluing in good condition, probably 300 quid

Sadly, a reblue costs over 100 quid once you have posted the action both ways, and getting that paint of is going to be a massive PITA.

I would therefore say for the above reasons, the gun is worth around 200 quid

Matty
    Thanks for that Matty and as a collectors value you could be right but for a target shooter or somebody that actually wanted to use it the finish it already has could be a benefit.

I can strip and have the rifle re-blued as I live close to Colin (the master) if necessary, but I will wait and see what others have to say first as I was happy to pay more than £200 for it last year and thought I had a good enough buy for its type and condition.
    Last edited by zooma; 18-10-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Probably best to put it up for what it cost you then

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    Probably best to put it up for what it cost you then

Matty
    Maybe that would be a good idea - but perhaps HW55 rifles are not worth as much as they were last year so I can wait a little longer to find out as there is no rush and nice working rifles like this don't eat anything and I can always enjoy exercising it now and again if it is not worth selling.

As far as I know the BURGO HW55 rifles were just HW55 rifles but with this particular distributors name on them and they were noted for having some nice wood selected for their stocks?

This made it more attractive to me when I was looking for my first HW55 and made it a little more desirable too as it was not as common to find one for sale.