Thread: classic target guns

classic target guns

Thinking of giving bell target a go and am thinking of using some of my classic target guns. I have an Hammerli model 2, an Original/ Diana 75, and my recently aquired HW 55T, so any good or what

I can't comment on the Hammerli mod2 as I'm not familiar with it. I have shot clean possibles with a HW55T on the bell target as well as the Diana/Original 75 which I have a soft spot for in the TO1 HV variation. It all depends if you want the classic recoiling experience or the later more dedicated target rifle ease of use. Both very good at what they do.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

I.M.O. the only way to shoot bell target IS with a classic springer. HW55, Orginal (Giss models), Walther 53/55, FWB300 etc. It just doesn't feel (and look) right using todays modern Meccano look-alike rifles.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Shockingly, I would have to agree with Ian. The best rifle I have ever shot for "bell" is without a doubt the Walther 55. Mr Jones owns a couple and they are truly a work of art and absolutely perfect for the job.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Thank you Gents for the answers, yes I really like the HW 55T and the 1973 model I picked up is a cracker, the Hammerli 2 is a sidelever from the early to mid 70,s and my Original 75 is one of my greatest finds for £65.00 with the aperture sights no thats not a mistype-£65.00 all in -- yes really, I think I will enjoy useing them all in rotation.

Another thumbs up for the HW55,they are fantastic rifles and perfect for bell target.
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

Hammerlli Mod 2. Does it have the anti-bear trap? I have an early 401 (Puma?) without and I dont like cocking it.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Hammerlli Mod 2. Does it have the anti-bear trap? I have an early 401 (Puma?) without and I dont like cocking it.

ATB
    Ian
    ........oh go on - please use it lots and lots

Your loyal supporters at Rivvy will be watching with great expectation and interest - and probably a few Wobbly owners too!
    Last edited by zooma; 19-10-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Yes Ij, got this one of Slug gun on here a few years back. Its a delight to use, very low recoil and very accurate, doing all of 8ftlbs with AA domes, it has a bear trap so is a lot safer to use than the earlier ones, beleve the 401 did have the bear trap but there a latter version than the model 2, I have, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    ........oh go on - please use it lots and lots

Your loyal supporters at Rivvy will be watching with great expectation and interest - and probably a few Wobbly owners too!

If I lost two fingers, with it not having an anti-bear trap, I may not notice until I was saying good night to you.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    If I lost two fingers, with it not having an anti-bear trap, I may not notice until I was saying good night to you.
    You would still have another 11 fingers to signal with
    Last edited by zooma; 21-10-2013 at 07:05 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.