Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just bought a cheap HW35e!!

A .177 would have made it an even bigger bargain. Collectors section which translates that .177 is the rarer. In truth the .177 struggles to get anywhere near the legal limit and so the .22 is probably the more efficient option. Great in either calibre. Thats a good looking rifle.

As for .22 being a "mans" calibre; only for those who's knuckles drag along the ground Heck with that attitude we would still be shooting muskets

Red oxide paint, plush! I think this might be a contender for RealTree dip treatment. IJ might have it for pure rarity afterwards

Thumbs up

I've five HW35s now, three are Exports...

I'll have to get them out and take a group shot of them

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Hi John,

We met at the bash and I work with Nigel, your brother in law.

So very sad to hear of your sad loss and I hope you're bearing up okay.

Nigel had told me that you were thinking of selling all your guns. I'd said to him that it would be a HUGE mistake, as you would come to regret it and then have to shell out loads more dosh to replace them. I did tell him, though, that if they were to go, to let me know and I would have had two or three from you, even though the mrs would go spare!

Well done on your lovely Export find. Very nice. I hear you also acquired yet another (rough?) Airsporter?

I have four 35s, but sadly not an Export....I'll have to get one one day, and a Luxus.

All the very best to you at this sad and hard time and hope to meet up again soon.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hi John,

We met at the bash and I work with Nigel, your brother in law.

So very sad to hear of your sad loss and I hope you're bearing up okay.

Nigel had told me that you were thinking of selling all your guns. I'd said to him that it would be a HUGE mistake, as you would come to regret it and then have to shell out loads more dosh to replace them. I did tell him, though, that if they were to go, to let me know and I would have had two or three from you, even though the mrs would go spare!

Well done on your lovely Export find. Very nice. I hear you also acquired yet another (rough?) Airsporter?

I have four 35s, but sadly not an Export....I'll have to get one one day, and a Luxus.

All the very best to you at this sad and hard time and hope to meet up again soon.

Hello Tony..

Many thanks for your kind words

Losing my mum has made me think of my own mortality, most of the men on my side don't seem to last to more than 54 years of age (my dad and two of his brothers all passed at this age )

At 55 i'd hate it if anything happened to me and the wife was stuck with uppards of 100 airguns so I'm getting the urge to move a large portion of the collection on..

I'm going to look at what I have and what I don't want to get rid of then i'll probably sell the rest, I'd thought about just sending the ones that I don't love to auction, there was one close to me on Chesterfield road a while ago! I think it would be the easiest way to dispose of them..

Trouble is that I have collected over 2,000 watches over the years, a heap of Bonsai trees, a load of guitars and all sorts of other stuff! she (The other half) would be in a fair old state

Here's a before and after of the Airsporter, i've never seen a stock in such bad shape, couldn't believe the grain that surfaced upon rubbing it down!!

Before..

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

After..

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

It needs a few more coats of Linseed rubbing in the stock and the action still needs more attention as there's still black paint evident so it should come up a bit better

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Hi John,

At this sad time, it's all too easy to worry about things.
    I'd say don't panic, you're not going anywhere just yet.....It'd be terrible to sell a good proportion of your guns only to one day regret it and then to try and buy replacements.
    I own about 22 and the wife wouldn't have a clue what to do with them, or what they'd be worth. So I've often thought that maybe I ought to do a list of them, including values, so that if anything happened to me, she'd know what they're worth so as not to get fleeced. However, I'd rather she kept them safe for the kids, as heirlooms and future investments....
    However, if you were to get to the point that a few had to go, I'd love to be able to meet up and have the opportunity to purchase one or two.

Fantastic job you've done so far on the Airsporter, well done.

Lovely, those old shapely 'Sporters, compared to the later, slab sided (and cheaper feeling) later ones.

All the best,

Tone.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Time

[QUOTE=johnbaz;6144773]Hello Tony..

Many thanks for your kind words

Losing my mum has made me think of my own mortality, most of the men on my side don't seem to last to more than 54 years of age (my dad and two of his brothers all passed at this age )

At 55 i'd hate it if anything happened to me and the wife was stuck with uppards of 100 airguns so I'm getting the urge to move a large portion of the collection on..

I'm going to look at what I have and what I don't want to get rid of then i'll probably sell the rest, I'd thought about just sending the ones that I don't love to auction, there was one close to me on Chesterfield road a while ago! I think it would be the easiest way to dispose of them..

Trouble is that I have collected over 2,000 watches over the years, a heap of Bonsai trees, a load of guitars and all sorts of other stuff! she (The other half) would be in a fair old state John, make a list naming item/price paid/what it's worth,at what date,and I hope your kids are well into middle age, before having to deal with your legacy.