Thread: Valuation please : early Daystate Huntsman H.L.1158 stainless tube and breech block

Valuation please : early Daystate Huntsman H.L.1158 stainless tube and breech block

I have parts of an early low pressure Daystate Huntsman, and am interested in knowing what they're worth.
    The stainless steel compression tube is near perfect, and holds pressure well.
    The end block is blued, and in extremely good condition; there is no trigger mechanism.
    The breech block and probe are both in very good condition.
    That's all there is!

Hi Dijon,

I have no idea about the value of these parts but I used to own H.L1067, in .22...I think the actual designation was "Huntsman Low", hence the "HL" in the serial number, think mine dated from sometime around the early-mid 80's and, to the best of my knowledge, it is still going strong accounting for rats on a mate's smallholding.

It was heavy, the one-piece trigger was a crude single stage affair...pivoting around it's middle with the top of the trigger acted like the sear bearing straight onto the hammer!...and the stock and breech looked like they started life on something else...but I did love that gun!
    blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    Hi Dijon,

I have no idea about the value of these parts but I used to own H.L1067, in .22...I think the actual designation was "Huntsman Low", hence the "HL" in the serial number, think mine dated from sometime around the early-mid 80's and, to the best of my knowledge, it is still going strong accounting for rats on a mate's smallholding.

It was heavy, the one-piece trigger was a crude single stage affair...pivoting around it's middle with the top of the trigger acted like the sear bearing straight onto the hammer!...and the stock and breech looked like they started life on something else...but I did love that gun!
    You're absolutely right in all respects - crude but effective!
    Low power version designed for use inside buildings by pest control firms.
    Wish I knew where the rest of mine got to; I see that there is a complete one for sale at the moment for £700. .

Quote Originally Posted by Dijon View Post
    You're absolutely right in all respects - crude but effective!
    Low power version designed for use inside buildings by pest control firms.
    Wish I knew where the rest of mine got to; I see that there is a complete one for sale at the moment for £700. .
    £700!...blimey, god loves a tryer i suppose! ...if it is any use to you in helping value the parts you have, I sold HL1067 to a mate, complete and working and in quite tidy condition for £250, fitted with a little Simmons 1.5-5x20 wtc, Parker Hale silencer, plaited sling with QD swivels, gunbag and 3 tins of bismags (it shot the heavy bismags better than any other pellet!)

I have heard that these were made for Rentokil, but have also heard that the guns that were actually made for Rentokil were stamped with their name?...mine had the stainless steel cylinder and was also fitted with open sights (HW, i think?) but was not marked for Rentokil.
    blah blah