Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steyr LP2 query.

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I hate to add more complication to this as I am really enjoying the entertaining replies that this has started!

The location? its simple, look on the top of the stripper, there are two threaded holes, the one closest to the breach end is the grub screw to secure the stripper to the barrel, the forward one is for location and there should not be a grub screw in it. Look down the forward hole and and you will see the barrel, line the end of the barrel so it is across the centre of the hole, simples, stripper is now in the correct location.
    The end cone (mine is the 8 hole but some are different) is then set flush to the end of the stripper.
    Oh Robin,now you've spoilt the fun
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I hate to add more complication to this as I am really enjoying the entertaining replies that this has started!

The location? its simple, look on the top of the stripper, there are two threaded holes, the one closest to the breach end is the grub screw to secure the stripper to the barrel, the forward one is for location and there should not be a grub screw in it. Look down the forward hole and and you will see the barrel, line the end of the barrel so it is across the centre of the hole, simples, stripper is now in the correct location.
    The end cone (mine is the 8 hole but some are different) is then set flush to the end of the stripper.

I thought we could get at least another day out of this until IJ came to the club tomorrow night - not to worry - he still needs to remember lefty loosey righty tighty and to work out which hole is at the front and where the end of the barrel is - so it may not be over yet.

He may even have trouble seeing any light when he is looking down that long hole at the front
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I thought we could get at least another day out of this until IJ came to the club tomorrow night - not to worry - he still needs to remember lefty loosey righty tighty and to work out which hole is at the front and where the end of the barrel is - so it may not be over yet.

He may even have trouble seeing any light when he is looking down that long hole at the front
    Ive seen the light - and it didn't involve Wobbly Webleys!

Slightly off subject but whilst sorting this muzzle break/blast deflector out I need to check for any mis alignment at the muzzle. Even though I had (double) checked that the pistol wasn't loaded and that the air cylinder had been removed I still felt uneasy looking straight down the barrel.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Ive seen the light - and it didn't involve Wobbly Webleys!

Slightly off subject but whilst sorting this muzzle break/blast deflector out I need to check for any mis alignment at the muzzle. Even though I had (double) checked that the pistol wasn't loaded and that the air cylinder had been removed I still felt uneasy looking straight down the barrel.

ATB
    Ian
    It can be done from the end with the handle on it!

It can be done from the end with the handle on it!
    Oh no it cant! [Well, it is nearly pantomime season!]

Is this the introduction to a further series of questions such as:-

Which end do I hold;
    What's the big brown woodeny looking bit made out of;
    Is it any good to knock nails in with;
    Why does it look like a rifle when I pick it up, but not when somebody else does;
    How long will it be before I move onto something else;
    What sort of trade in can I get against a Relum Tornado;

..... answers on a post card, which he can then comfortably read by gas light.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

I am sure everyone will be pleased to know that IJ now has a well behaved LP2 with all the parts fitted in the right places and with a little "tweak" it is shooting even better than it did before

I am sure everyone will be pleased to know that IJ now has a well behaved LP2 with all the parts fitted in the right places and with a little "tweak" it is shooting even better than it did before
    Bog off! I shot a '4' on my competition card last night. Yes, a FOUR! I didn't know the scoring rings went that low. It wasn't a twitch it was more of a full blown seizure. Laugh? I thought I'd never start. Tears were running down my trouser leg. Pass me the rope .......
    I cant blame the pistol though because later, in practice, I put 10 shots inside the 9 ring.

ATB
    Ian

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Retribution for the churlish attitude to well meaning suggestions for returning the LP2 to working order

ATB
    Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Bog off! I shot a '4' on my competition card last night. Yes, a FOUR! I didn't know the scoring rings went that low. It wasn't a twitch it was more of a full blown seizure. Laugh? I thought I'd never start. Tears were running down my trouser leg. Pass me the rope .......
    I cant blame the pistol though because later, in practice, I put 10 shots inside the 9 ring.

ATB
    Ian
    But you don't say how many shots you fired at the target

Sorry couldn't resist and it seems to fit in with the rest of this thread

ATB

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markwarren View Post
    But you don't say how many shots you fired at the target

Sorry couldn't resist and it seems to fit in with the rest of this thread

ATB

Mark
    Five in total. I scored 2 x 10, 2 x 9 and a FOUR!!!!

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=12

ATB
    Ian

ATB
    Ian

Welcome to my world....
    ATB
    Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..

ATB
    Ian
    So nearly a 5 though
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Welcome to my world....
    ATB
    Mike
    Is there room for both of us under that rock?

Is there room for both of us under that rock?
    For someone as dimensionally challenged as you....cer tainly