Thread: Benjamin EB20

Benjamin EB20

Sorry new to this...

I keep trying to get my head around this pistol. No matter what I do every time I put a co2 cylinder (crosman) in it gets stuck. Has anyone got a foolproof way of getting them out without having to resort to drilling holes in the cylinder and using a screw in the hole please??

I have 3 of these and have never had that problem,I only use the crossman c02 carts if you dont use these then give them a try it may solve your problem.

Benjamin EB20

Perhaps I'm just leaving the cartridge in instead of removing it after use. What's your approach? Do you use any sort of oil/lubricant between the cartridge and the seal?

Quote Originally Posted by souris View Post
    Sorry new to this...

I keep trying to get my head around this pistol. No matter what I do every time I put a co2 cylinder (crosman) in it gets stuck. Has anyone got a foolproof way of getting them out without having to resort to drilling holes in the cylinder and using a screw in the hole please??
    Sounds like you need a new piercing pin seal. But, before you do have you tried putting one drop of pellgun oil on the end of each bulb before insertion..? If not try it.
    Pete.
    Pete.

I also agree with above post try that as well.

Benjamin EB20

Well I actually took it back to the shop I bought it from a while ago and they just swopped it for a brand new one. Honestly I have been avoiding using it just in case the bulb got stuck again!!!!
    Will try as you suggest.
    Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I don't own one of these Benjamins, though I do intend to add one to the collection one day!

However, I own a Crosman 2240, so I'd guess that pretty much the same applies, with the layout being the same and the guns coming from the same manufacturer.

As above, I only ever use the Crosman powerlets. I, also, always apply a drop of Pellgun oil to the neck of the capsule. Don't overtighten the cap. And, rightly or wrongly, I'd never leave a capsule in for long periods. I've NEVER ONCE put it away charged. If I'm going to insert a capsule, I always ensure that I have plenty of time, and exhaust the capsule and remove it. I remember once having read somewhere not to store them charged and it's always stuck with me. I can imagine that, if the cap's really tight, no oil on the neck and if the capsule's left in for long periods, that the capsule may be harder to get out??

The piercing pin observation may be very valid, especially if it has any sharp edges or is damaged.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Never had a problem storing CO2 guns with a full capsule, my 3576W sits for months like that.
    Anyway, the easy way to get the capsule out is to cock and fire the gun with the end cap removed (obviously at this point the capsule will be empty otherwise you wouldn't have been able to remove the end cap), the piercing pin will usually dislodge the capsule from the inlet seal.

Bear in mind with these it is the first (dry) firing of the action that pierces the CO2, not the (over) tightening of the screw.