Thread: Air Pistol for child?

Air Pistol for child?

Please can someone give me a some direction and reasons if possible on suitable Air Pistols for our needs?
    Our 8 year old daughter is doing Pony Club Triathlon and requires an air pistol. She shoots at 7 metres at the moment. We have kindly been lent a Beeman P17, but its a little big/heavy for her, (although with more practice holding bags of sugar out at arms length, the weight issue may diminish!)
    She can shoot using both hands for a few years too.
    I have had several makes and models reccomended to us, and she's tried some at pony club, but they are so big for her tiny hands! I was advised by a gun shop, (and I see its reviewed well) to get a Steyr LP2 compact, but at that price, I was hoping to find something a bit cheaper.
    Is there a perfect option anybody?
    or does someone wish to sell a Steyr as we cant nip up to Scotland to try one!
    We're in Lincolnshire.

What about a Crosman 2240?
    You could put a trigger tune kit in and fit a 177 barrel and steel breach (or stump up for the 2300T and you'd get all that anyway). The important bit is that you could chuck the standard plastic grips and get some slim custom ones made for her. Not sure if the trigger pull would be too long though.
    My 5 year old is getting into shooting and I've had to start her on rifles simply because with a bipod fitted she can shoot prone. Pistols are a problem, that Beeman is pretty light in the scheme of things!

1377?

If you could smooth out the trigger, the Browning Buckmark might suit a child. Light, nice to hold, accurate (if you can control heavy trigger) easy to cock, not too powerful. I get on with mine now i've got trigger technique sorted, but out of the box it does feel stiff. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.