Thread: Christmas came early in Kent

Christmas came early in Kent

Some years back I brought a superb condition Walther LG55 DST with a smashed stock. The stock was split right through in 3 different places and had been poorly glued back together.The action has been waiting patiently for a replacement.
    Being a left handed shooter meant that what I wanted was the proverbial Rockin Horse stuff !
    Out of the blue a friend contacted me to say that they had come across a left handed stock for a Walther that was still in its wax paper and apart from a couple of handling marks was like new. They didn't know excatly what it would fit,but offered to send me some pictures.
    When the pictures arrived,they showed the best grained Tyrolean stock for a Walther LG55 that I have ever seen.
    A week later and it was with me and I have now united it with the DST action after a bit of TLC. The stock was as described and had never been fitted to an action previously, the bonus,as if the stock was not enough,was the deep red period padded rifle case that was used to protect the stock in transit.
    I have taken some pictures of the completed rifle next to a rather minty right handed LG55 DST Tyro so that you can see the stunning timber that this stock was made from.
    My early Christmas present

Thats a very nice stock, and as you say what a great grain well done. he who waits is rewarded.

Good thing about early Christmas presents are, by the time Christmas comes you'll need another pressy

Nice Touch!

Christmas with all the trimmings! Very pleased for you Mark, i bet you can't stop staring at this beauty. Walther DST Tyrols are the classiest Frauleins on the block- plain simple. WOW.

Spectacular

Congratulations Mark, what a wonderful rifle! It has everything I would consider most desirable, Tyrolean stock and including double set triggers. A gun of a lifetime. Don't ever consider selling it, that is a keeper.

Marc DV

Superb! Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke - and a fellow leftie at that.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Mark that stock is gorgeous, as a fellow lefty, I'm envious mate !

If ever you....... ..?
    “An airgun or two”………

That is one beautiful stock there my friend. Really stunning craftsmanship. And like you said. Christmas came early for you. Enjoy!

That's some gorgeous walnut. Congratulations, Mark!

Did it need some careful adaptation to fit the DST into?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thanks for all the comments guys, apologies for the picture quality but with the weather conditions I took them in the garage under artificial light. The stock needed a good clean and some oiling and that was all. The DST triggers and the action all fitted perfectly.

I just need to make some time now to shoot it