Thread: Record Champion

Record Champion

Hi,
    Does anyone know if there is an exploded diagram for a FB Record Champion ?

I am a master of tinkering gone wrong
    Last edited by PaulW; 27-10-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: forgetful

Not an exploded diagram as such, but you find this helpful.......
    http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.co...el/FB%20Record

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    Not an exploded diagram as such, but you find this helpful.......
    http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.co...el/FB%20Record

Pete.
    Cheers, I have been there. Its more of a "how to put it back together" I need

These look interesting, how well does the magazine work (when its in one piece!) ??

Am I correct in saying that the pellets are fed into the breech before being fired ??
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    These look interesting, how well does the magazine work (when its in one piece!) ??

Am I correct in saying that the pellets are fed into the breech before being fired ??
    It's been a while since i've used it, from recollection. its accurate, the mag is fiddly to load and you have to put the mag in oh so gently, yes the pellet is fed into the breech before being fired, and don't get a pellet stuck in the barrel as I some how did
    It's a nice pistol, nice weight and balance, not much recoil due to not being that powerful

The piston heads on these are the same as on the Record Jumbo, they're one of the few air pistols that has a non-circular cylinder. The cylinder is elliptical. Very unusual pistols.

I got one of these seven or eight years ago and managed to strip it and service it ok without instructions. I seem to remember the fiddly bit was reconnecting the white plastic probe that seats the pellets into the barrel to reconnect with the linkage that operates it.

What in particular are you having problems with?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    The piston heads on these are the same as on the Record Jumbo, they're one of the few air pistols that has a non-circular cylinder. The cylinder is elliptical. Very unusual pistols.

I got one of these seven or eight years ago and managed to strip it and service it ok without instructions. I seem to remember the fiddly bit was reconnecting the white plastic probe that seats the pellets into the barrel to reconnect with the linkage that operates it.

What in particular are you having problems with?
    I had a pellet stuck in the barrel, so I half dismantled the pistol.... a few bits dropped out like the white plastic probe.
    I couldn't work out how to seperate the top half which makes putting it back together "interesting"

There's a small plastic panel which pushes in to release another part if I remember right, I'll try to dig mine out and have a look but I'm run off my feet with work and other stuff at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    There's a small plastic panel which pushes in to release another part if I remember right, I'll try to dig mine out and have a look but I'm run off my feet with work and other stuff at the moment.
    Ummm..... yeah that part fell out too