Thread: Could someone help me out with a rough valuation on these guns please?

Could someone help me out with a rough valuation on these guns please?

These guns aren't for sale so please no PM's etc please as per rules, but I would like to know roughly what they may be worth as I'm in two minds what to do with them, so if someone could kindly help me out with realistic sale prices should I decide to sell, then I'd be extremely grateful. I haven't bought or sold on here in a while, so I'm a bit out of touch with prices.

1). .177 HW35E complete with open sights in working order. Rough cosmetic condition, it looks like the action has been painted and the stock varnished.

2). .22 BSA Mercury S complete with it's open sights and in working order. Again it seems that the barrel has been painted (paint badly chipped) and the stock varnished. It looks like someone has filled up woodworm holes in the stock.

3). BSA Airsporter .22 I'm afraid I can't tell you what mark, as I can't seem to find any serial number I'd say it was one of the latter ones. Rough as Anne Robinson post face lift, as someone has been doing some 'home improvement' on it. Rear sight missing and one of the holes plugged with a funny looking bolt with an 'S' stamped on it. Bluing poor, stock dented to buggery, trigger block polished, square cut out of one side of stock where the stock screw is meant to go and a square metal piece inserted (as a shim?). Surprisingly it is working though.

I can't do pics at the moment, as no way of getting them on the pc, but a rough guess at prices would be a great help.

Fank you.

HW35E will be about 100 quid as it stands - worth far more stripped apart and sold as single bits than as a working gun sadly.

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    HW35E will be about 100 quid as it stands - worth far more stripped apart and sold as single bits than as a working gun sadly.

Matty
    Sadly this seems to be the norm now, but I have to agree, break them for parts & you will probably get twice as much given the condition.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post

These guns aren't for sale so please no PM's etc please as per rules, but I would like to know roughly what they may be worth as I'm in two minds what to do with them, so if someone could kindly help me out with realistic sale prices should I decide to sell, then I'd be extremely grateful.

Them rusty old nails can't be worth much more than £1.47 each (plus a bit of post, maybe ???), so you are better of keepin' them, me 'ol China, thus stayin' a member of the 'Collectors' clan.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I'm getting absent minded, I completely forgot about this thread. Thanks to all who replied. It goes against the grain to break up working guns, so I guess I'll either try and tidy them up and keep them, or decide to sell them to someone who will.

Thanks gents.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    I'm getting absent minded, I completely forgot about this thread. Thanks to all who replied. It goes against the grain to break up working guns, so I guess I'll either try and tidy them up and keep them, or decide to sell them to someone who will.

Thanks gents.
    Would give the mercury a loving home
    Guns and boats .... works for me