Thread: any info on a great find

any info on a great find

This weekend i had a great find , a Wagria aerosport delux in vg original condition , apart from the info in smiths gas spring and air i cant find much else , any info on dates and numbers would be well appreciated , a funny thing was it was advertised a s a Wagria AFROSPORT and there was me thinking they were German and not African L.O.L

Rgds kev

Kev,

Do you have / could you provide pictures? I've always wondered about the Wagria's after first reading the Smith book 25 years ago. I did once snag a really battered Heym rifle that's been relegated to the "someday project" section, but have never seen a Wagria here in the USA.

Thanks for any info you can offer,

Don R.

Not much but here goes translated

"Manufacturer, former machinery and apparatus GmbH Ascherberg in Holstein
    Wagria, former machinery and apparatus GmbH Ascherberg in Holstein (the beginning of the 40-end of the 60s). Inter alia air rifles were also produced.
    Known models M50, M55, M56, M58, M59, M60 and M61."

Looks like a pretty decently made gun, and the rarity makes it a definite collector.

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=4554385

Probably the fact that they are so unknown works against them in the value stakes, as no-one really can desire something they do not know even exists! First time for me too.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Wagria

I have no more info then mentioned above, but I DO have a few of these.

This is the remains of the Aerosport logo on a model 58.

And these are the other family members.

The problem with all Wagrias is ,the rearsight is made from a cheap alloy and (allmost) allways broken or missing.
    Build quality isn't great ,but they made some very interesting designs with the multishot versions.

--------------------------------------
    Frank