Thread: hw walnut stocks?

hw walnut stocks?

please someone correct me if i am wrong. Do hw do walnut stocks for springers. I cant say i have ever seen one, yet today i am almost 100% positive i saw a beautiful walnut stocked springer at sportsmans up for sale. Should point out this was brand new out the box, unpacked in front of me. Nearly fell over in shock.

No

think they did walnut mk1 80 stocks, seen a 77 in walnut and the the walnut Tyroleans. Nothing recent though.

yes hw did do walnut stocks on the older springers only ever seen them on hw35 export and hw80 mk1 [square stock modal] think iv got one on my mk1 but im unable to conferm it
    atb john
    ATB JOHN
    hw 100, hw80 mk1, smk xs20, bsa scorpion pistol, feinwerkbau 127, hw99s

well, was sure i hadn't seen one recently. Will take another look tomorrow just to be sure. Seen lots of hw's over the years but never seen a walnut stocked springer in years and years so may have to dip in the pocket as its same price as beech stocked ones in rack. May be a bit of a bargain if it is walnut for the same price as beech.

I think the current HW35 Export has a walnut stock.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I think the current HW35 Export has a walnut stock.
    May take a look see which model it was then. Such a nice bit of wood on it didn't really look to see which one it was. Drooling too much over the stock. Makes you wonder why they dont do the walnut over more of their range as i am sure more people would want one in walnut. Hw's stocks can be very bland and boring at times. I do so like the walnut on a rifle as i think it adds character to even a somewhat ugly rifle.
    Last edited by nimrod177; 22-01-2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: punctuation

Was it a 98, As they colour these stocks differently to the normal springer stocks? Still beech though.
    Thanks - Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by nimrod177 View Post
    Makes you wonder why they dont do the walnut over more of their range as i am sure more people would want one in walnut..
    Yep, it does make you wonder, as lots of other makers offer walnut.One of life,s mysteries I guess
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
    Was it a 98, As they colour these stocks differently to the normal springer stocks? Still beech though.
    no buddy definitely not. Had way too much figuring and grain in it for that. Besides the wood was wrongly grained for it to be beech. If it had of been a 98 it would be in my collection by now

Quote Originally Posted by nimrod177 View Post
    no buddy definitely not. Had way too much figuring and grain in it for that. Besides the wood was wrongly grained for it to be beech. If it had of been a 98 it would be in my collection by now
    Could it have had a custom stock fitted??

Here's a few oolder Export 35s with Walnut stocks..

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

This one is still in need of more stripping and refinishing! (I need to get the chequering recut first though )

Pic 4

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Had another look today and hw35, all for the princely sum of £267. Not a bad price that, as guess half that would be for the stock alone. Will have to wait and see if i get my new job to see if i can afford it out of the first months pay. What's the hw35 like to shoot and tinker/get tuned?