Thread: Newbie here from Bedfordshire

Newbie here from Bedfordshire

Hi there everyone this is my first post on here. Haven't had an airgun in years and just had a go on a new break barrel of a friends and immediately wanted to get one again. I spoke to a friend of my Dads and he mentioned this website so here I am.

I hope to be getting some advise from you guys on what to buy soon

Thanks

Dan

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Hiya matey and welcome.

Lots of very well informed people in here to answer any questions you might have.
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Hi Dan, welcome to the BBS, get yourself along to your nearest airgun club
    and they will advise you and possibly let you try out some guns,
    lots of help and info on here. good luck and enjoy.
    atb brian

Hi Dan,
    Probably the first advice anyone would give you is "don't buy anything just yet!"
    Second: Take your time and read through ArgunBBS and get an idea of what the heck everyone is talking about, and still don't buy anything
    Third: Take yourself off to your nearest club - I'd recommend Cambridge HFT, you are probably only about 45 minutes drive from Cambridge HFT at Shepreth - and have a good chat with the people there. They'll let you try their kit out, and will take you round the HFT course with a loan rifle - and still don't buy anything.
    Fourth: Visit a good shop (there's one just up the road from you, near Biggleswade) and try out as many different rifles you can for fit, and scopes to see if they suit your eyes - but don't buy anything yet.
    Fifth - review what you've learned with the people here and at the club
    Sixth - have a look in the for sale section here and decide whether you'd want to get a rifle here or from a shop (and pay full whack)
    Seventh - go on - treat yourself!

• Meanwhile, buy a selection of the shooting magazines (personally, I favour Air Gunner) and gain some more information and pretty pictures to further whet your appetite
    • Most clubs have a "for sale" table and it is surprising the good deals you can get from good people.
    • Also, if you fancy trying FT shooting go along to Midshires Marksmen at Hatch, Near Sandy

And then - ENJOY!

Finally, if you do want to visit Cambridge HFT, let me know (PM) and we can meet up there
    AA TX200, HFT 500, AS400 .22
    Daystate Grand Prix & Mk3
    Parker-Hale/PAX Phoenix Mk2: .22 & .177