the glass on the vantage makes the depth of field perfect for HFT and even on my boinger it works. However a word of caution. I borrowed one to try and when I mounted it using very little force to tighten it down I found that I had crimped the tube, I therefore Had to give my mate my brand new one and keep the old one. I had problems with the zero shifting and sent it back as the elevation adjuster was fairly loose. They tested it and said that the movement is within tolerance on a scope for that price. What an insult.

I got a replacement eventually and took great care when mounting it, I have since found that this one is crimped too and also another well known shooter who is very proficient found he has crimped his too. I am not stupid and nor is he so I am letting you all know that this is a great scope but the tube must be as thin as tin foil for all of them to be crimped, but they are great to shoot competitively. I can normally see clearish at 9 yds and still see pellet marks at 50 on 9 mag.