Thread: Hw95...dynamite

Hw95...dynamite

Well, got fed up with the shit trigger and harsh cycle on my BSA tactical XL so went down Chi Armoury and chopped it in for a HW95k...
    What a smart move :-)
    Firstly, I wouldn't say the 95 thrilled me with its stylish looks, it is what it is however, I'm more than likely gonna be putting a Ginb stock on it and cutting down the barrel a bit and fitting a vmach kit.
    Chucked a hawke 3-9 x40AO mildot scope on her and put about 100 pellets through before zeroing.
    Dead on at 35 yards every time! Easy to cock (smooth enough for a new rifle ), easy to shoot as it's not exactly hold fussy, tried AirArms diablo field 8.4gr .177 and didn't need to try anything else!
    It's punching pellet on pellet out the box at 35 yards so well chuffed.
    It's light and pointable (reason I went for this rather than another 97 or the 98) and of course, probably the best trigger ever (along with the air arms CD trigger)
    Gotta say, this is a wicked bit of kit.
    In a way I was gutted that my xl wasn't up to scratch as I really liked the style but I've gone back to good old Weirauch again and again they've never let me down!
    Still gonna get the vmach kit just to smooth it out a touch but that's really me just being pernickety as the 95 is shit hot from word go.
    If you're toying with the idea of picking up a 95 (like I have for years) just do it! You'll not regret it.
    I'm a bit of a stickler for under levers (77/97/Prosport/tx200) but this really has changed me somewhat, it's easily as accurate as all of the above and PCP's for that matter.
    Great rifle, great manufacturer, great fun.
    Too many guns to list...always room for one more :-)

Hw95k

Congrats, I have had one V Mached it from new, My Armageddon gun.
    Watch it with a chrono as these are well known for "going over".
    Fabulous Rifle though.

I have been toying with one of these or the hw99s instead

Adam
    I wanna be the airgunbbs Model

These are a nice rifle alright, I've got a Welsh Willy spring kit in mine and it's much sweeter to shoot, not that it was bad "from the box", as you say.

My new one out of the box was lovely and smooth to shoot too. Just needs a spring relube and de-burr of cocking slot etc and it shoots just lovely with no twang.
    Save your money on the v-mach kit, once fettled a bit they really don't need one!

Enjoy, they are fab rifle.

Mark
    Last edited by HW100/90; 07-07-2014 at 12:12 PM.
    Laminate stock HW100KT .177, HW100KT .22, HW95K luxus .22, BSA Meteor Mk3 .22, SMK Mod 12 .177, MAS 0.07 .177 BB CO2, Gamo P-23 CO2

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderbeest View Post
    Congrats, I have had one V Mached it from new, My Armageddon gun.
    Watch it with a chrono as these are well known for "going over".
    Fabulous Rifle though.
    Armageddon Gun - are you going to shoot zombies with it? you ll need at least 25 cal for that

Nice write up, thanks. They are a good rifle.... solid and reliable.
    AA TX200 MKIII .177 + Nutshot Silencer
    My Site / Wooden Gates / Decking Strips

Funny but I've been using a BSA Lightning XL in .22 for a while now and it's been an excellent rifle. I have no complaints as I think I got a really good one. (I know some people get a friday afternoon one and hate it!) It's accurate and chrono's at 11.6 ft/lb and loves RWS superdomes. It's taken a while but it's nicely run in now and shooting really well.

I recently started to go along to an Air Rifle club and with a bit of practice the BSA is coming along nicely. But, you have to practice with it to get the results, because I will admit, it is very very hold-sensitive. The rifle is short and pointable and I find it very comfortable. But it does like to shake it's own screws loose and if you don't get the correct grip/gentle hold, it shoots all over the place.

So, in a fit of enthusiasm, I have been pouring over these very forums and today, completed the purchase of a nearly-new HW95. I will be finding out if the German engineering is all it is cracked up to be and I shall be able to compare the two rifles because, for now, I'll be keeping my BSA as well.

I'm interested to see which rifle I end up liking the best. Being quite new to the sport I will, no doubt, be going over to PCP eventually, but so far, I'm loving keeping the costs down with my springers.

I can't wait for the HW to arrive!

Ouch!

Thumbs up Hw95

Completely agree with your review. I bought one new a few years back and it was brilliant. I had a HW100 at the same time and looking back, I had more fun with the '95! No air to worry about, no mags to lose and so what if it rains!!! I wasn't precious about it is what I'm trying to say.
    I've just got my first '97k specifically because of the aforementioned, which is for me anyway, what it's all about. Cheers!

Hw95

Yeah,I have to agree with the review.ive had my 95 for a year now and it's the the most accurate break barrel I've had...had a vmach kit fitted by George at d.a.i and now thinking of getting a custom stock..but just remember a rifle is for life,not just for Christmas.
    Become a government informer..betray family and friends..fabulous prizes to be won.

I love mine to bits had it for about 18 months now and the only thing I can say is let SFS loose on tuning it you will not regret it. Even more crisp with no harshness at all and a trigger to die for. Tony makes a good rifle sing.

I have the 95K .22 in a 98 adjustable stock. Perfect combination for me. I tried the HW98 in .177 and could not get used to it. Loving the 95K. Using it without the supplied silencer, even with the short barrel it's easy to cock.

I loved my 95k in 22